Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone fish Glen Elder lately?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone fish Glen Elder lately?

Are the crappies biting over there by Glen Elder? Planning to make a trip out there this weekend and wanted to know if it will be worth the trip. If someone can help me out on the Kansas side, I know a few great spots on the Missouri side that are biting right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I don't have any info on Glen... Wished i could help.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't bother making the trip. I talked to some guys at the boat ramp over the weekend they said they were there all day and caught 3. A friend of mine from college is the game warden out there. He said they hardly found any fish when they shocked it last and he hasn't checked anyone with a measurable amount of fish this year. And most of them are being caught by guys trolling for walleye since the lake is so clear. That may change though they just got like 4"+ rain out there the last 2 days. Kirwin is better for crappie if you want to drive the extra 45 miles I caught some there out on main lake structure but the other guys I talked to at the cleaning station said they had really been struggling catching any thing shallow. I talked to probably 10 bank fisherman one day and one of them had 1. I think the good days out there are in the past just too much pressure last 5-6 years. Kirwin is not a very large lake and I saw probably over 100 boats on it one day last year in June! It's a fishing only lake too.
    Likes IceNitro LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie_hunter15 View Post
    I wouldn't bother making the trip. I talked to some guys at the boat ramp over the weekend they said they were there all day and caught 3. A friend of mine from college is the game warden out there. He said they hardly found any fish when they shocked it last and he hasn't checked anyone with a measurable amount of fish this year. And most of them are being caught by guys trolling for walleye since the lake is so clear. That may change though they just got like 4"+ rain out there the last 2 days. Kirwin is better for crappie if you want to drive the extra 45 miles I caught some there out on main lake structure but the other guys I talked to at the cleaning station said they had really been struggling catching any thing shallow. I talked to probably 10 bank fisherman one day and one of them had 1. I think the good days out there are in the past just too much pressure last 5-6 years. Kirwin is not a very large lake and I saw probably over 100 boats on it one day last year in June! It's a fishing only lake too.
    Thanks for the report. I agree Kirwin has gone way down hill the last few years. I always see a tremendous amount of boats out there and they are very hostile towards each other too. The boat traffic kills the day bite so I normally fish at night out there for crappie.
    Likes IceNitro LIKED above post