Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Night fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night fishing

Anxious to try some night time crappie!! In the process of adding some interior and exterior LED lights to the rig. Just curious how many of you guys fish at night and what tactics you utilize?
    Single pole I assume and fish known area's/structure or do you hunt then fish?

Would love to see some pics of your boats with the lights mounted if possible.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I fish off of a Kayak and use one of these Amazon.com : 12V LED GREEN UNDERWATER SUBMERSIBLE NIGHT FISHING LIGHT crappie squid boat : Sports & Outdoors. They draw very little power (less than 1 amp). Just make sure you put it down deep or you will have bugs all over you. Here is a great article on night fishing Everything you need to know about night-fishing lights. I don't have any pictures of the new set up but attached is a pic of the light strips that I tried out (the bugs drove me crazy). I now use the submersible ones.
    Name:  IMG_0149.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  22.3 KBName:  IMG_0159.jpg
Size:  25.4 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why the images rotated from uploading but were originally straight, sorry, but you get the general idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dzumwalt View Post
    I fish off of a Kayak and use one of these Amazon.com : 12V LED GREEN UNDERWATER SUBMERSIBLE NIGHT FISHING LIGHT crappie squid boat : Sports & Outdoors. They draw very little power (less than 1 amp). Just make sure you put it down deep or you will have bugs all over you. Here is a great article on night fishing Everything you need to know about night-fishing lights. I don't have any pictures of the new set up but attached is a pic of the light strips that I tried out (the bugs drove me crazy). I now use the submersible ones.
    Name:  IMG_0149.jpg
Size:  22.3 KBName:  IMG_0159.jpg
Size:  25.4 KB

Post Thanks / Like

My experience with night fishing is I should have been there last night. Seems I am always late for the party. But saying that I still go and use the floating lights you can buy at walmart. Also have a submersible that runs off of 2AA batteries that you can buy at bass pro. You can set in one spot or troll, either way you want a good bait ball forming around your lights. Sometimes it is best to fish just outside the light and sometimes they are right under the light. You just never know when you are out there at night. The main thing is to just be as careful as you can be when moving around at night. You just never know when there is a floating tree out there to hit. And you most likely wont see it until it is to late. One time I had all my lights quit working. We had every flashlight in the boat on so people could see us. Pretty scary when people are flying past you. Never did understand how they could go that fast and not see a thing. Just be careful and have fun with it.
    Likes dzumwalt LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replys. Appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have lights running down the outside of my boat. I'm amazed at all the baitfish it draws in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes jigfisherx LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jgfan View Post
    I have lights running down the outside of my boat. I'm amazed at all the baitfish it draws in.

how bout the bugs??
    Retired golf addict

Post Thanks / Like

So far bugs stay down by the water not really bothering me at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is off the subject , but does anybody know if this woul be good for shrimping
    I normally have regular spot led lights hanging off my dock for shrimping

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty hound View Post
    I know this is off the subject , but does anybody know if this woul be good for shrimping
    I normally have regular spot led lights hanging off my dock for shrimping

Lights pull in bugs...bugs pull in fish. If shrimp are attracted to bugs, I would think these would work well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast