Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slammed the Crappies with the Bandit Crankbaits today!

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Slammed the Crappies with the Bandit Crankbaits today!

Went to my fav. bank and longlined jigs today for 600 yds and didn't catch but one dink...so switched rods with the Okuma DX 20 line counter reels loaded with 20 lb power pro yellow braid up with bandits and hit deeper water 10-14' deep along creek channel, and for 5.5 hrs slammed the crappies catching maybe 80, plus 6 bass, and 3 yellow perch,,biggest perch I kept was 13.5" and kept a limit of crappies all 10" to 14", and the 1 perch..cleaned them this afternoon and only 6 were males,,3 of the females had spawed out,,several were ready to drop,,most tho eggs were not ready. Water temp at 8am was 62.5 and by 2pm when I quit,,it was cracking 70 or more in quiet areas of the lake. Fish slammed the 300 bandits and I changed colors about a dozen times...it didn't make much difference what color I was using as they wanted it and slammed me for about 5.5 hrs. Some of the best cranking I have done in the past couple of years. Plan on taking the wife tomorrow and let her try cranking for her first time ever so will be kinda not fishing too much myself...lol as I really want to have her enjoy the cranking. This weather is what we needed as the fish is really turning on. I had the bandits about 1.5 ft off the bottom and was moving about 1.6 to 1.8 mph. My fav. colors were hot pink, mad cow,,and orange crawdad,,,but they hit everything I tried for other colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes brucec, raporter, Hotpepper, Marvin, Moveon, "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great job,Really nice mess.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a awesome day of cranking. Days like that keep you smiling as you stretch out to go to sleep that night.

Post Thanks / Like

Heck ya cevans! WTG

Post Thanks / Like

nice pile of fillets man! WTG

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good from here what time is it gonna be ready, will bring beverages

Post Thanks / Like

The wife and I ate a whole pile of baked crappies last nite. Great recipe on the main forum in the cooking section using Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and a couple of other items, and fillets are sprinkled with,butter then baked 15 min.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

great catch
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Got on the water at 8:30 this morning, had my limit trolling the bandits by 12:00 noon, must have caught 60, kept a limit of 10"to one that cracked 15" of mostly females, 7 were males, and all the females had eggs this time. Didn't catch any other type of fish this morning as the crappies hammered the bandits. Hot Pink and also Purple tiger striped was the 2 hottest colors as purple just turned them on. Very few other fishermen were out fishing this morning and weather was perfect. Water temp was 69. Name:  IMG_0129.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  62.0 KB
    Likes Marvin, Firehyd, Moveon LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice batch of crappie there cevans. Love hearing about the trips and seeing the photos. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast