Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Double Seat and Rod holder Options

Post Thanks / Like

Default Double Seat and Rod holder Options

Picked up a new to me 2013 Ranger z520 Friday and seeking input on rigging it out. I've looked at dub-l-seat, Cumberland, and EZ.T.
    I really like the looks of the Dub-l-seat with millennium seats, but they are pricey, cumberlands look nice too, but not as adjustable, and EZ.T's are very affordable, but distance from mount not adjustable either. Are the Dub-L-seats worth $735 (includes cup/umbrella holder and two millennium seats)?

Also, I've ran Hi-Teks for nearly 10 years now, but sold them with previous boat, so I'm in the market for new ones. I'm intrigued by the spyderloks. Tool less adjustment all the way around, and grooves to keep from slipping. I had converted my hi-teks bolts to knobs so I didn't have to keep a wrench handy, which worked well. Thoughts on the two of these as well.

I know these questions are asked all the time, and I've read through a lot of the older posts, but don't find a lot for either spyderloks or dub-l-seats. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I will suggest the cummberland crappie double seat and the cummberland crappie 360 pole holders. I love mine.

Post Thanks / Like

I run dub-l-seats and spyderloks. I have Skeeter the duo - l - seats let me open my rod boxes. The spyderloks or easy adjustable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

How big are the spyderlok bases? Any pics of them in your boat Mickey?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't speak to the seat holder. But the millennium seats are very nice and comfortable. The spider lock rod holder is the best in my opinion. The base is about 4x4. They hold great I never take mine off running down the road never had a problem. There very easy to adjust up down hope this helps

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The spider locks are undoubtedly the best holder on the market. The base is almost flush to the deck and very strong. Infinitely adjustable. The seats have gained a real following with most of the guys here in the Midsouth region. On the Dub- L- Seat. I know the guy who invented it then sold it. The guy who has it now has made great improvements in it. He also came up with a mount for your Ranger that locks in place. I have fished from 3 different ones and it is the best of the bunch. He is so high on the safety aspect that he has a 1 mil insurance to cover you if something fails. And he is very customer oriented. Have seen him take back old seat setups and either repair or replace them for free. Yes they are pricy but safety,adjustability and customer service come with a price. And no I am not affiliated with him in any way.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the ezt perch and now the Cumberland seat mount. The ezt was fine but I did not like the "T" bases, caused undue wear on the carpet when moving around. The Cumberland has flat bases and are smoother as well as a lower profile on the arms.

Have used 3 different rod holder brands and I highly recommend the spyderloks. Their bases are flush and the adjustability is great. The 360s are great except for the bases. Very easy to stub/cut a toe when the holders are removed if you do other types of fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A man remembered never dies.

Post Thanks / Like

I placed my order for a dub-l-seat this morning. I liked the stability and adjustability. Ordered it with the millennium seats, cup/umbrella/dip net holder. I'll post pics when it comes in. Very quick response from company. So far, thumbs up. As far as spyderloks, any place in particular with better prices?

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I placed my order for a dub-l-seat this morning. I liked the stability and adjustability. Ordered it with the millennium seats, cup/umbrella/dip net holder. I'll post pics when it comes in. Very quick response from company. So far, thumbs up. As far as spyderloks, any place in particular with better prices?
    Call E-Z Poleholder ( Gene ) 601 750-3519.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979