PDA

View Full Version : How to tie 2 jigs on 1 line?

hillbilly_gunner
02-08-2007, 09:52 AM
I have been trying to attach 2 jigs on my line but can't find a knot to tie that doesn't break when I set the hook? Please help

mrwillis
02-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Fishing with minnows, I have always used the pre-wired crappie rig you can by at Walmart for under a dollar. Jigs...that's a different story.

Football_Coach
02-08-2007, 10:09 AM
I have always tied the same way i would one jig. I tie the first jig about 12-18" from the bottom jig, with the same not. Never had a problem with it breaking, I use 4lb test, 6lb at the most

Crappie Wisdom
02-08-2007, 10:25 AM
I use a 3 way swivel tie my main line on. Then cut two strips of line one short one long and tie to the other ends.

Dan G
02-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Tie a palamor knot with a long tag end (depending on how long you want the second jig to hang below the first) then tie second jig to this tag end. With the palamor knot both jigs will be "sitting" in a horizontal position.

Dan G

billr12
02-08-2007, 10:34 AM
I just tie the upper jig directly to the line. I pull a loop through the eye and pull the loop tight on the eye. I have never had a problem with breakage or fish hitting the upper jig. Are you wetting the line before you pull the know tight? If you don't the line will heat and weaken.

Big Mac
02-08-2007, 10:35 AM
I saw a Bill Dance episode where he tied the upper jig to the line with a dropper loop and then the bottom jig with a palomar knot. he claimed that the loop gave the jig more action than tying it tightly to the line.

.....mac

PieEye
02-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Tie the bottom jigs first (loop knot). This way you avoid guessing the distance of the top jig (polamar knot). very easy and fast.

IwishIdid
02-08-2007, 10:52 AM
I tie all of mine with a dropper loop on the top, I can adjust the size of the loop for bounce in the wind, the bottom jig gets a Trilene knot and there's not a whole lot you can do for bounce other than a sinker above it. The three-way swivel works well and is known as a Capps and Coleman rig. The store bought minnow rigs can be re-tied using jigs if you like. They will work as well. Its just all in what you feel you can tie in an efficient manner, especially if you break off as much as I do!!

SEMOmike
02-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Tie a surgeons knot on the top jig (it has a loop that you can adjust the length of, so it will sit away from the line), leave a nice long tag and tie the bottom w/ a trilene knot

guest01
02-08-2007, 04:16 PM
http://www.animatedknots.com/dropperloop/index.php?LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com

MAINEIAC
02-08-2007, 04:31 PM
I use the Capps-Coleman rig. Use all Palomar knots. Tie a short leader on your 3 way swivel. Tie your long leader on the 3 way. The short leader & swivel will fit through the loop in that knot. Tie your hooks or jigs on. I tie them ahead and wrap them around a piece of swim noodle. I use a snap swivel on the main line to change them if needed and 2 Water Gremlin Bull Shots so I can change the weight easily and have a smaller diameter weight. This is my Florida rig. Not legal in Maine. One lure to a line there.

possumcop
02-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I have just one word for you DON'T U should use minnows.

hillbilly_gunner
02-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks Everyone You Really Helped Me Now I Know How And Won't Forget

Carl Palmer
02-10-2007, 07:26 PM
I use Bearpaws. They work well....no knots.;) You can find if you look hard. My last came from Great North and they say that the ones they had can't be replaced since the co. quit making them. I just got approx. 120 of them.

Cane Pole
02-11-2007, 06:58 PM
I use the Capps-Coleman rig. Use all Palomar knots. Tie a short leader on your 3 way swivel. Tie your long leader on the 3 way. The short leader & swivel will fit through the loop in that knot. Tie your hooks or jigs on. I tie them ahead and wrap them around a piece of swim noodle. I use a snap swivel on the main line to change them if needed and 2 Water Gremlin Bull Shots so I can change the weight easily and have a smaller diameter weight. This is my Florida rig. Not legal in Maine. One lure to a line there.

I was using the 3 way swivel rig way before these boys were even born. I wonder why it ain't named after me?

mrwillis
02-12-2007, 10:53 AM
I use Bearpaws. They work well....no knots.;) You can find if you look hard. My last came from Great North and they say that the ones they had can't be replaced since the co. quit making them. I just got approx. 120 of them.

Can you explain this thing a little more? I have never heard of them, and would be interested in just seeing what they are.