Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to tie 2 jigs on 1 line?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to tie 2 jigs on 1 line?

I have been trying to attach 2 jigs on my line but can't find a knot to tie that doesn't break when I set the hook? Please help

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing with minnows, I have always used the pre-wired crappie rig you can by at Walmart for under a dollar. Jigs...that's a different story.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always tied the same way i would one jig. I tie the first jig about 12-18" from the bottom jig, with the same not. Never had a problem with it breaking, I use 4lb test, 6lb at the most

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 3 way swivel tie my main line on. Then cut two strips of line one short one long and tie to the other ends.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tie two jigs on same line

Tie a palamor knot with a long tag end (depending on how long you want the second jig to hang below the first) then tie second jig to this tag end. With the palamor knot both jigs will be "sitting" in a horizontal position.

Dan G

Post Thanks / Like

I just tie the upper jig directly to the line. I pull a loop through the eye and pull the loop tight on the eye. I have never had a problem with breakage or fish hitting the upper jig. Are you wetting the line before you pull the know tight? If you don't the line will heat and weaken.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a Bill Dance episode where he tied the upper jig to the line with a dropper loop and then the bottom jig with a palomar knot. he claimed that the loop gave the jig more action than tying it tightly to the line.

.....mac
    Thanks Rusty Lee thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tie the bottom jigs first (loop knot). This way you avoid guessing the distance of the top jig (polamar knot). very easy and fast.
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !

Post Thanks / Like

I tie all of mine with a dropper loop on the top, I can adjust the size of the loop for bounce in the wind, the bottom jig gets a Trilene knot and there's not a whole lot you can do for bounce other than a sinker above it. The three-way swivel works well and is known as a Capps and Coleman rig. The store bought minnow rigs can be re-tied using jigs if you like. They will work as well. Its just all in what you feel you can tie in an efficient manner, especially if you break off as much as I do!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tie a surgeons knot on the top jig (it has a loop that you can adjust the length of, so it will sit away from the line), leave a nice long tag and tie the bottom w/ a trilene knot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast