Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which would you rather ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which would you rather ?

I want to know how others feel on this subject.

When you are sitting there fishing in a spot. Would you rather passing boats go by slow or fast? I personally like for them to get on by fast. Less wake and less noise in my opinion. I see other fishermen slow down and plow a 3 foot wake behind them. That is kind of annoying to me.I know they mean well but if they would just cruise on by on plane the wake is not near as bad. If you are going to go by slow you should idle by. Just my .02

Post Thanks / Like

novice boaters think that slowing down and plowing water is what idol speed is, i get furious but they just are not educated enough to know any better but i would think ifthey just took a little glance over their shoulder common sense would tell them that this is not correct, i could go on all day about this subject, just go by on plane and i am happy.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

never thought of it this way. I usually slow down as to be courteous. However, never thought of the less wake with the plane aspect. If I encouter other boats, I veer a little farther from them, however, to put a little more distance between us. This is going to be an interesting thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Default passing

i dont really mind wether the boat passing is going fast or slow but what bothers me is when a lake is a mile wide and a boat has to come within 50 yards of me. i always veer away from boats that are fishing just out of
    courtesy.

Post Thanks / Like

If the area is narrow, i would rather them slow down, and pass as far away as possible. If it is wide, get on by, while on plane. I too get agitated by folks who creap or scream by too close when there is a whole lake to use and they could have taken a wider path.
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Jigster......either idle by or planed out....it's the in between speeds that creates the wake problems. And of course giving a wide birth when possible helps.

Post Thanks / Like

So, the wider the better. Or, just put a "lake closed" sign at the ramp after you launch. This would solve everything.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I too am absolutley amased at the amount of people that will either come with in 50 feet of a boat sitting still when there is lots of room on each side, or slowing down to 1/2 or 1/4 throttle thinking they are doing you a favor by slowing down. I would rather some one come by me wide open. The wake is much less. Some times getting pretty close can not be avoided. In that case, slow down to IDLE and go on by.
    My 2 cents.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

well what I hope is they are far enough away that I cant get a 1/2 oz castmaster in thier boat cuz around here the sate patrol and the city patrol will give them a huge fine for coming to close to another boat. and I dont like losing my castmasters. they get the hint and stay away after one hits them. if not a cell phone and thier boat number comes in real handy.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, most don't know or understand what "idle" speed is. Around here it's suppose to be 5mph or less which will not plow a rolling wake. In fact, in Arkansas the law is "no wake - 5mph speed limit" within 100ft. of any stationary object (boat dock, bridge piling, shoreline, etc.) and moored boat (either anchor out or trolling motor down). It also states that you are responsible for your wake, so if you cause any damage or hurt someone you are liable. It certainly doesn't get observed or enforced around here like it should.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast