Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: stockton. pushing/pulling cranks tips

Post Thanks / Like

Default stockton. pushing/pulling cranks tips

Haven't fished stockton for years other than bowfishing this spring. Going to try to push/pull cranks here real soon. Hoping to get off at a decent time maybe tomorrow or wait until this weekend and get after em. What speed you guys been running lately? I'm pretty new to it, thinking about putting in at cedar ridge and try to find something (anything) to bite. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to be camping at cedar ridge this weekend. And will be trying and I do mean trying pulling some myself. I will find out what camp site we will be at stop and say hi. Call me we can meet on the water too. 417-988-8924 Weldon.
    Likes Jigging15 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I usually run 1.5 to 1.8 mph. Start at 1.5 and if nothing happens speed up some. Use your electronics to see what depth the fish and shad are at and adjust how much line you have out to get to that depth. Be ready to catch any species of fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks dreamer if I'm around there this weekend I'll hit you up! How much weight do you need to run at that speed? Will be pushing and pulling I'm assuming more weight for the front and just let out more line for the back.

Post Thanks / Like

Typically I don't use weights for longlining cranks out of the back of the boat, unless the fish move out deep. I use 10/2 braid so my lures will run deeper and I can put a bandit 300 down 17ft easily. On the front pushing cranks I use up to 3oz to get them down.

Typically pushing cranks I put on 2-4oz then just start out slow and speed up until my lines reach a 45 degree angle and stop there. I don't like to put the baits any further back than that 45degree angle of line from the front of the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

went after work. was slow but had a good time. most of what we got into was below 10", one small walleye, and even caught a carp on a crankbait! couldn't believe that one lol. fish were holding 13-18 ft down in 23-28 fow.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you were able to catch some. Last week my wife caught a big blue cat. Sunday mourning I caught a 3' Gar in the tail.

Name:  catfish.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  83.3 KB