Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help

Heading to reelfoot the first week of april,first time there. Any tips on tackle,baits(size-color)any thing at all. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Fished there in early April several years ago and caught some in the holes in the lily pads near the airport. Never killed them, but consistantly caught 2 here 3 there....they add up throughout the day. Most were caught on minnows or grizzly jigs tipped w/ wax worms. You will catch some huge bonus gills when fishing the grizzly jigs as well. Good luck..... One day the wind was up and we launched in a small ditch that is across the lake from the airport and caught hundreds of yellow bass and several grinnel on 1/64 ounce jigs while waiting for the wind to lay. Can't remember the name of the small ditch, but it had a ramp and it was a blast. Beats sitting in the room if the wind is blowing too hard.

Post Thanks / Like

It can get a little windy. I'd make sure you have some drift socks or a couple a 5-gallon buckets to drag. It'll help and you'll have them if you need them. Go slow, lots of stumps just under the water. Just as a side excursion, Grizzly Jig Co. is only about 30-45 minutes away in Carauthersville, MO. You might want to go say Hi to Louie and see what he's got in stock. You'll be like a kid in a candy store.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I used to go up there in the spring, and all we did was drift minnows in the area in front of Samburg. Always caught lots of fish and had lots of fun.
    Biguns only:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leaving

Easter sunday for the week. Counting the days. Reelfoot is a great place to fish, relax, fish, and relax some more. Time literally flys by there for me. Watch the stumps, well dont watch for them because you cant see them. Go slow. There are fish everywhere, from the main lake, to the ditches, to the coves, everywhere. I have found that any jigs tipped with nibbles or wax worms will boat all the fish you care to clean. I am fond of hair jigs but pretty much make it a game out of trying everything. Looking forward to my spring trip, as many others on this board are.

Chris
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D