Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: installing multi rod holder

Post Thanks / Like

Default installing multi rod holder

Anyone have any experience drilling the deck of a fiberglass boat to install one of these multi rod holders like shown in Bass Pro? I was thinking about installing them on the front and rear deck of my Stratos but I want the receptacle to be flush with the floor and don't want to ruin my carpet.
    Forbidden fruits make for some real jams.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this post and see if it helps.

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=19810
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

What holders from Bass Pro are you speaking about purchasing? I used to mount my old holders with a flush mount until I started using the 3/8" thick base on my new holders. By the time the plate pulls into the carpet it is barely noticeable. Anyway, make sure you melt the carpet the same size area your are going to drill. This keeps the carpet from pulling or fraying. I would use a hole saw to help with the splintering of the fiberglass. A good sheet metal screw will work great in the fiberglass as long as you drill a small pilot hole first.
    Last edited by Hitek; 02-08-2007 at 08:33 AM.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

i have tried alot of different screw but the best i have found are the blue concrete screws.when they go in they really hold

Post Thanks / Like

krappiekrazy,
    That looks pretty good. That looks like the front end of a Champion boat. The rod locker doors must not extend forward as far as they do on my Stratos. There is no interferance with prop wash from the trolling motor fishing from there?

callshy,
    I was looking at the Driftmaster flush base in this pic. But at $8.99 each plush shipping it would get expensive and ugly to have so many mounted on the boat. There are 4 different Driftmaster rodholders listed for varying angles in the Cabelas catalog. I'm assuming the completly horizontal version would be best because it would place the rod tips the farthest apart and give you the most benefit for those that prefer a longer rod. What is everyone else using and why do you prefer what youo use?

TOMMY4UA,
    Roll Tide! Thanks for the tip on concrete screws. I had a time trying to get screws in the boat for my temp and speed transducers. Ended up having to over drill the holes and caulk the screws in place.

Post Thanks / Like

I used drill screws to mount my rod holders its working good so far but I never remove the base.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a little advice, be careful with the threads on the rod that holds the T-bar. The metal is alot softer than you would think, and it will strip out, leaving your set up useless. I had one crossthread and actually break off and another the threads stripped off smooth. I have sense had better luck, but learned the hard way I guess.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I have the answer

No need to drill any holes in your Stratos. Visit my website www.extremefishingconcepts.com I make and sell a rod holder base for bass boats that require no hole and leave no scratches. It is simple to install and will accept many types of rod holders. I also sell multirod rod holders by Driftmaster and Santee Special and I am cheaper than Bass Pro and most other. If you would like further information you can E-mail me at [email protected]. Several people on this site have purchased from me already.

Maynard Edwards
    Extreme Fishing Concepts

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Visit our site ExtremeFishingConcepts.com You will like us.

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea, but won't work on a Stratos, my '02 anyway, the cleats are mounted at an angle tilted towards the inside of the boat and not horizontal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast