Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need some spider rigging help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some spider rigging help

I have an older Ranger 451v Comanche I set it up to pull. Two holders on the front and two on back. The location of the holder in the front is the issue. They are facing the water not towards the front. I'm using bee ready system 3/4 square tubing . I don't want to make more holes in my deck ( base plates)if possible. I purchased a double seat system to fish two off the front. now that the fish in my home lake are in or on the brush I plan to spider over them. Thus the need for holders moved closer to the trolling motor.I was wondering if any of you guys have an innovative way of putting some type of attachment off the double seat system where I could mount the holders in front of where we will sit? I went on line and found one picture of a flat bar extender with the rod holders mounted on that? Any thoughts? Thought of some type of tube bracket to attach aluminum bar stock then I got to come up with a base to attach the trolling bars to the extended bar stock. I hope I haven't totally confused everybody.
    A Proud member of Lake Allatoona and Lake Weiss (Team Geezer)

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the picture I found
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes Dave and Lynn LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Show us a picture of the double seat set up you bought. That would help. Something similar to what you showed will work just have to figure out how to build based on your setup.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Think I would start by building something very similar to your first pick. Out where the holders on the first pick are mounted. ( I think if I remember right your BReadys are square tubing and sit down on the base and are pinned) if that is right I would weld a stub of square tubing that fit in the upright then mount and drill a hole for the pin. You could do this with Aluminumn or light gauge steel.cut the hole for seat base where it sits down on top of that larger piece. Then find rubber spacers to put under the feet under the seats to level it and glue them on.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I had those for a while...I ordered extra bases...then drill holes in the stands directly in line with the others...then I could push or pull with same set of holders