Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lanching a boat with a rv

Post Thanks / Like

Question Lanching a boat with a rv

Any body ever lanch a boat in the water with a 18-20 foot RV? Is this crazy to do or what? We want to go and stay some where for a weekend and take the boat and RV without taking 2 cars. Has any one ever done this before or will I look like a complete idiot?

Post Thanks / Like

I got an uncle that carries his behind an RV, but it would give me an ulcer driving down the interstate to a launch site and not being able to see my boat in the rearview.
    Forbidden fruits make for some real jams.

Post Thanks / Like

I see folks do it all the time. One thing I've notice them do is put some of those orange bicycle flags on fiberglass poles on each side of the boat trailer so they can see where it is to back up. It's easier if you have someone to drive the boat off the trailer but if you don't you can put a long rope on the boat, tie it to the trailer and back in until the boat floats off and then pull up and bring the boat to the ramp with the rope.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i was think about using a rope and pulling it off, i am fearful of the wife doing it. The bike flags are a good idea. Man I am ready to go fishing. I have the itch bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Football_Coach
    Any body ever lanch a boat in the water with a 18-20 foot RV? Is this crazy to do or what? We want to go and stay some where for a weekend and take the boat and RV without taking 2 cars. Has any one ever done this before or will I look like a complete idiot?

I have with a 28 fter and if you have a long ramp to turn around its no problem. Just don't do like I did and launch in a tournament in the dark on a short ramp. Its no fun backing up in the dark.
    Several do it around here, anymore we just take the truck also.
    You don't have to unhook the motorhome and run on battery power all day.
    Quicker to get in/our of the water.

IMHO
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

hopefully i will be in no ones way on a weekday

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen people with motor homes that have a hitch on the front of the motor home and then they can launch the boat by " pushing" it down the ramp. Looks like it would work as long as the ramp is not too steep to back out with the boat hooked on.
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiechaser2
    I have seen people with motor homes that have a hitch on the front of the motor home and then they can launch the boat by " pushing" it down the ramp. Looks like it would work as long as the ramp is not too steep to back out with the boat hooked on.
    This is the easiest way to do it. Makes it easy. You can always get someone in the camp to help you launch. Most faced you delima at tiimes.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson
    Likes downsouth LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a couple of ideas and you can pic the best.
    I havea 27 ft itasca class a ,When I launch my boat I make sure that I don't line up staight on with the ramp....I start at about a 30 degree angle to the ramp so that as I am backing,I am turnign and I can see the drivers side of the boat at all times.
    On my old motorhme it was a class c and I had hitch with a ball on the front bumper so that when I got to the landing I would just hock to the boat trailer to the fromt and drive it straight in.
    Hope that wasn't to confusing
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Watched an older lady back a boat down a ramp appeared to be using mirrors never look out the side window. Guys in the boat she pulled out to park. when she stopped I complimented her she said look in here around a 15" screen showed back of the rv or HBO. Great rear view mirror.
    Today is a great day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast