Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Vacation June 19

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vacation June 19

I am taking a vacation up to Delta area around Iron River area June 19th week. Can you guy help recommend the best Crappie lake in that area? If you want some info on Kentucky lakes or Indiana lake I would share any information you need.

Just need a lake direction as you guys have so many to chose from... BTW.. I am a Packer fan. ..
    Likes broz, Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could help, but I don't know that area. Let us know how it went.

Not sure if you have been to northern Wisconsin before, however some of the lakes are crystal clear and you can see bottom 30' down. Most the natural lakes are naturally sand bottom. Look for crappie at the drop offs near cover and weeds. They will slide up on the flats to eat. They will also hide in the weeds on the flats. While Crappie are predators, they are bait-fish up north. Musky get mighty big and like some of them panfish for food.
    Last edited by Hanr3; 06-12-2016 at 12:04 AM.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I am avid at spider rigging... is that effective in Wisconsin? I get mixed comments on the success there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loweboat View Post
    Thanks. I am avid at spider rigging... is that effective in Wisconsin? I get mixed comments on the success there.
    Might be effective, however it may not be practical.
    Motor Trolling
    Motor trolling is trailing a lure, bait, or similar device used to attract or catch fish from
    a boat while being propelled (forwards or backwards) by a motor or a sail or while
    being towed by a boat being propelled by a motor or sail.
    Motor trolling is legal on all inland waters with either:
    • 1 hook, bait or lure/person: maximum of 2 lines trolled per boat or
    • 3 hooks, baits or lures/person with no maximum number of lines per boat.
    The specific trolling regulations are listed in the
    Special Regulations—Listed by County
    section beginning on page 28. An angler who holds a disabled permit that authorizes
    trolling is not subject to the line restrictions

Fishing Regulation- Fishing regulations - Wisconsin DNR
    http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/fishing/docu...Web.pdf#page=8

I will be in the Eagle River area fishing the Eagle River Chain of Lakes, they allow trolling with 1 hook per pole and max two poles per boat. Not per person, per boat. Not very effective when there will be 2-4 of us in the boat. I do believe I can use my trolling motor to move from tree to tree and cast along the way. The key being casting and not dragging the line. Pretty sure I can still slip bobber from spot to spot as well. Planning to call the local (Eagle River) DNR this week to confirm.
    Fishing Regulations for Yellow Birch Lake

I recommend you check where you will be fishing.
    Last edited by Hanr3; 06-12-2016 at 08:09 PM.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!