Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ? for you trollers

Post Thanks / Like

Default ? for you trollers

we all know scent is important. even in trolling sometimes it has an effect. could it be beneficial to drag a scent rag on a cannon ball below the boat. kinda get the fish excited before the lures come threw. is there any tools already for this, or is there something in my coffee this morning? is this nuts? lol

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll tell you this. I found a can of cream of shrimp soup once that had been in the boat for several years I opened it and poured it out along behind the boat for a hundred yards. In about 20 minutes I came back thru that same path and there were bait fish everywhere and my partner and I ended up catching 2 limits of fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tenncrappie View Post
    I'll tell you this. I found a can of cream of shrimp soup.
    I just added to the wife's groceries list!

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We chum all the time fishing for shark and yellow fin tuna when fishing in the Atlantic. What works for one type of fish will work for other types during certain situations. However, most times our fresh water fishes are quite easier to catch in smaller waters and needs less effort. Soak your soft baits before using in scents or salted and it does and can give you a edge sometimes in my opinion. Same works when fishing for catfish. The better the scented baits, the better the fishing can be for the cats.