Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Multi-lake report from this week

Post Thanks / Like

Default Multi-lake report from this week

New to this forum, so I thought I would contribute rather than just read. H, ad this week off and fished Marion, Council Grove and El Dorado. Crappie fishing has been and continues to be very slow at Marion. This is my home lake and I fish it at least once a week. I have caught only a couple crappie all spring and have seen very few caught. Tried Council Grove on Tuesday , but iand it was also very slow water temp was 63 in the morning and was about 65 when I left. Water is dirty but I have seen this lake worse for clarity. Only caught 2 crappie, both along the dam. Caught some junk (drum, gar). Didn't expect much, as this day followed a cold front. Fished El Dorado yesterday and did a little better, catching 15 nice crappie in the sailboat cove area. I don't fish/know this lake much and quite frankly got lucky and stumbled on a small bunch of shallow fish that bit very well for about 20 minutes. Fish were in about 2 to 3 fow and caught on jigs. I had only caught 3 in several hours of fishing before this little group. water is dirty but a little better than council grove. Females still full of eggs. We really need some stable weather and looks like next week will not help. Hope this helps, and thanks for the posts. Fun to see how others are doing.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for the report. I agree ; its going to be a rough week.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report welcome to the site.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to CDC, gtr. great report on those lakes!

Post Thanks / Like

Getheridge. Next time to down by Eldorado give me a pm. Maybe we can help you find a few more.
    The Speed of a Rhino The Power of a Gazelle

Post Thanks / Like

thanks! That is very generous, I will take you up on that.