Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman spawn over??? Report from yesterday...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman spawn over??? Report from yesterday...

Well, had the chance to go out for a bit yesterday, my gut was telling me post front fishing isn't always best, but it was the only time I'll probably have time to go this week so I went fishing anyways. I fished from the bank looking for spawning crappie but not finding much of anything. Looks like they might've finished up spawning? I was fishing around cooper creek and sparrowfoot just hopping from spot to spot trying to find fish. I was using minnows under a bobber just hitting all the likely spawning banks. Caught a couple here and there but not like I was hoping for. So are the crappies done spawning up that way? Should I move further east towards the Tebo arm and the dam to find some spawning crappie? Anyone fish yesterday after the storm we had the day/night before? Could it just have been the crappie are scattered from the front going through?

Post Thanks / Like

They are pretty much done with that action. Spawned out.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

I think a bunch of females never spawned, the lake level was dropping to much during the spawn. Still catching females with eggs but they are hard.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

With the falling water it will be hard to catch them up shallow even for the ones that have not spawned. May be some that will spawn on the lower end of the lake but I would guess most of them are done. Best bite by far is dipping standing timber in the creeks and on the flats.
    Likes long poler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Jigging, when you say dipping standing timber, are you just droping a jig next to the tree? Do you need to leave it sit in one area for a period of time or do you just dip it in and if there is no hit, move to the next tree. I am just trying to learn Truman and this seems to be the way they catch them after the spawn. Any particular trees, IE mouth of creeks, off the main channel? Any advise would be appreciated.
    Iron Sharpens Iron, and one man sharpens another.
    Proverbs27:17

Post Thanks / Like

Any tree and every tree, hold it dead still, or jerk it around, bounce it off the bottom, or jig it up and down... try to swim it to and away from the tree, dip every side of the tree, fish it two feet under the surface and all the way to the root ball. Be sure to hit the trees just inside the mouth of the cove and the ones and the very far back paying attention to every one in between.

The idea is that a pattern can change daily, hit a bunch of different stuff and different presentations and narrow down what type of tree and what depth how they want it presented.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.
    Likes long poler, kcglock LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! That would cover about everything. That's what I figured but I thought I would ask. Any magic to what the droping water and Saturdays cold front is going to do to them? Thanks for the quick response!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You will want the trees with more limbs or brush around them if they are still pulling current this weekend. 8-12' of water has been best for us the last 3 weeks. The creek bite is probably still the best for the next couple weeks but it will change to the trees along the main lake channel and then the flats.
    Likes Back Water, kcglock LIKED above post