Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's Missy looking ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How's Missy looking ?

Plan on getting the jon boat out tomorrow to try out on the main lake, how's the water look ? I see it's just a few feet below summer pool, but is it muddy and full of debris or just stained ? Anyone been up river to the 1812 ? How's the water looking up that way ? -Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Stained up river looks about right if the weather wants to corporate now.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I'll report back .

Post Thanks / Like

Fished resi this afternoon at 3 locations from the bank. Ended up with about 10 keepers including 2 bluegill, most of those coming at our last stop up closer to the dam. Pretty slow day overall, did not catch many fish but all the ones we caught were nice. Could use some warmer temps but it looks like rain all week and then pretty cool again next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

crappie USA tournament was over the weekend and lots of big fish caught

Post Thanks / Like

Caught some white bass and a few smaller crappie up river, nothing to write home about.

Post Thanks / Like

So what you guys think will the spawn happen with the cool weather and more rain or will the females absorb there eggs this year? Maybe a stupid question but I ask it....thanks

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in south central Indiana, I have yet to catch a worn or beaten tail on the 400-500 crappies I have caught so far. Eggs are still firm, but I have had a doz. or more females with big orange egg sacks ready to drop, but that was 10 days ago and haven't had a female cleaned since then like that. Cool weather we been having has reversed the water temp also. Friday, it stated 62.5 and progressed up throu the day to maybe 63.8. And the majority of the keepers was coming out of the deeper water long lining as they had moved alittle deeper. Water temp before the cold weather was cracking 70. Need warm weather and it will go crazy in the big water for sure. They will spawn as its only early May. I have seen them spawn first of June before. I am sure the smaller lakes has had some decent spawning. I'm dusting off the Okuma's and crank baits tomorrow even in the rain.
    Last edited by cevans; 05-09-2016 at 07:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope your rite cevans. Can't say I have put many fish in the freezer this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the resi again yesterday up by the dam before the rain ran me off. Bite was better, caught some nice black crappie right on the bank that were turning real dark. Blacks always go first i have heard. I caught a few male white crappie that had not turned yet though. Was using blk/char stingers fished about 3 foot below a float. A gentleman showed up that i ran into in this spot on sunday and he told us after we left sunday he caught a 3 pound crappie that is at the taxi in peru. That makes 2 big fish now from the same spot in the last 4 days that i know of. There was also a big one caught earlier last week in the resi but i do not know exact location of that one. I seen that one in the freezer at the shop sunday it's a nice fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast