Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ 5/6

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ 5/6

Fished the gravois arm this evening. Pulled cranks for about an hour...nothin. Casted jig to spawning banks and out to 20 fow around docks...skunked. Never the less was a beautiful evening to be on the lake. Might try again tomorrow. Any tips??? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

yea the first week or two after the major spawn can be tough. If you pull cranks I'd try the back of major creeks where the water level gets to 25 - 30 feet in the middle. Watch for shad
    "In my father's house are many mansions..." John 14:2
    Likes bae350 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Baby View Post
    yea the first week or two after the major spawn can be tough. If you pull cranks I'd try the back of major creeks where the water level gets to 25 - 30 feet in the middle. Watch for shad
    What's your setup for pulling cranks? Are you using the the trolling motor or big motor? This was the first time for me pulling cranks by myself. Had my rod holders in the front instead of the back,with two poles off each side, seemed to work ok other than lack of fish caught.

Post Thanks / Like

Well my set up is not very high tec but works good. I have a Bee Ready three rod, rod holder (they are ok) in the front and pull with the trolling motor. One rod off to each side and hold another in my hand. I use two 6.5 or 7ft spinning rods with 12 pound Stren Magna Thin mono or 30 pound power pro braid, then hold a 10 foot rod. I don't pay attention to how much line is out or how fast I'm going bc I don't have GPS on the bow. I just make a decent cast and troll fast enough to get the bait thumping. I use flicker shads and bandit 300's. I use the same rods I carp and channel catfish with for trolling cranks and they work fine. Seems now through June is good on the LOZ for pulling cranks. The next boat I get will have better rod holders, gps on the bow, and a 24 volt trolling motor bc pulling cranks is addictive for sure.
    "In my father's house are many mansions..." John 14:2