Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Ed and Tom!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Ed and Tom!!!

Ed and Tom, I really enjoyed fishing with you guys the last two days. Thanks for coming and bringing some great weather (68 this afternoon) and really good fishing luck.

Sorry I couldn't keep all the stripers and white bass off our crappie tackle today but at least we found some decent crappie.

And Tom, thanks for holding my 2-pound, 3-ounce crappie up with your 1-pound, 15-ounce crappie for their picture:

Oh, and thanks for holding up the 12-pound, 13-ounce Striper I caught on an 11-foot jig pole with 6-pound line for its picture.

If you guys will bring this kind of weather and fishing luck you're welcome to come back any time!!!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where do I sgn up?

Where do I sign up? I NEED a trip like this!
    Dru Richards :D

Post Thanks / Like

Wow guys!! Those are some beautiful fish. You guys are doing some serious advertising for Ark fishing.

Jerry, why can't we get a few shots of you holding the fish you catch. Your not that ugly.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 02-06-2007 at 07:53 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Day Um

I wanna know what color you were yellin' when that striper hit!
    :D
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anchorpuller
    Day Um

I wanna know what color you were yellin' when that striper hit!
    :D
    Well, I was actually rather irritated when I finally got a bite in about the only spot we could find to get out of the wind where we could fish as deep as we needed to and I knew right away it wasn't a crappie.

First I thought it was a big green carp because it headed back into the condo, which is rare for a striper. But when it headed for the deepest part of the channel and started following the channel as I chased it down with the trolling motor I new it was a striper and was tempted to just break it off. But Ed wanted to see what it was so we went after it and wore it down pretty quick.

I had let it get in two of our other lines when it went back into the condo so Darryl cut them for me so I could play the sucker. I was real surprised it was that big - I was guessing it was in the 8 to 10-pound range.

I was real lucky that it didn't abrade and break my line because the jig was way back in its throat. That Ande is some tough line!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Well, I was actually rather irritated when I finally got a bite in about the only spot we could find to get out of the wind where we could fish as deep as we needed to and I knew right away it wasn't a crappie.

First I thought it was a big green carp because it headed back into the condo, which is rare for a striper. But when it headed for the deepest part of the channel and started following the channel as I chased it down with the trolling motor I new it was a striper and was tempted to just break it off. But Ed wanted to see what it was so we went after it and wore it down pretty quick.

I had let it get in two of our other lines when it went back into the condo so Darryl cut them for me so I could play the sucker. I was real surprised it was that big - I was guessing it was in the 8 to 10-pound range.

I was real lucky that it didn't abrade and break my line because the jig was way back in its throat. That Ande is some tough line!
    Sounds like a blast to me! Cut the line and let it go???? OMG... something pulling like that?? I'd have been peeing all over myself trying to get it to the boat
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anchorpuller
    Sounds like a blast to me! Cut the line and let it go???? OMG... something pulling like that?? I'd have been peeing all over myself trying to get it to the boat
    I wasn't going to cut the line but I didn't want to waste a bunch of time on it and end up breaking off anyway. Just a little more pressure than I was already putting on it would have snapped the line. My Sam Heaton was doubled over and my drag was screaming when it would make it's runs. I was surprised it wore down as quickly as it did.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish guys! Yea Jerry, that Ande is some tough line, that is what I use for salt water fishing.

Thanks for the pictures and report.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice catch Jerry,ED,Tom. glad to see you guys got in them two days in a row. Did Darryl catch anything lol!
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Once again, that is very impressive. Glad you got that striper in the boat so Ed could see what it was. As for those Crappie, they aint nothing to be ashamed of either. Jerry what is the bigget striper or crappie caught on one of your outings?
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast