PDA

View Full Version : My post office/carrier hate me!!!

M R Dux
05-04-2016, 12:25 PM
This is the 2nd time in about 5 years I've ordered wax worms (2000) and the container was opened when they arrived. Today it was one tub of 250 from a box of 8 tubs of 250. The last time the whole box was busted open in the post office floor. The air holes in the Priority Mail box probably made an interesting mess in the carrier's vehicle. The 1st time I had to go to the post office to file a claim after I quit laughing about it. They didn't find anything funny about having to sweep the busted box full of worms and bedding up. It's rare I get to laugh about any dealing with the USPO. This is one of the few times.

Bluegills and redears are starting to bite.http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/mrdux/wax%20worms_zpshmtmutpl.jpg (http://s101.photobucket.com/user/mrdux/media/wax%20worms_zpshmtmutpl.jpg.html)

Billbob
05-04-2016, 12:49 PM
make a mess

Fatman
05-04-2016, 12:52 PM
That's funny!!!!!!!!!!

rnvinc
05-04-2016, 01:05 PM
Uh oh ... I see a Sharpie in the pic ...

Doug has a red ear secret weapon puttin black stripes on wax worms ...

:yikes

Rickie

M R Dux
05-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Uh oh ... I see a Sharpie in the pic ...

Doug has a red ear secret weapon puttin black stripes on wax worms ...

:yikes

Rickie

Fraid not. I have an apartment sized fridge full of boxes of gill bait that I have to write the contents on so I can keep them straight. I would hope somebody SELLING bait could have better handwriting than mine with the Sharpie. Got a shipment of red worms going to be here tomorrow. I hope they are intact.

For anybody who uses a lot of live bait, you have to check prices on-line. My brother paid almost $20 for 250 wax worms Monday on the way to Barkley. I bought 2000+++(lots of extras) shipped for $54. 2 day shipping and all but the busted box were in great shape. Some of the victims of the open box didn't fare so well.

Clint
05-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Now I know why you were concerned about the packages for which you were waiting.

LowePro
05-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Bream like the wax worms as good or better than red worms??? Seems wax worms would be much less messy.

M R Dux
05-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Bream like the wax worms as good or better than red worms??? Seems wax worms would be much less messy.

I like the red worms for drop-shoting but the wax worms for tipping jigs, especially popeye jigs under a slip cork. Learned that one from Chaunc after he wore my butt out on KY Lake.

chaunc
05-04-2016, 06:44 PM
I like the red worms for drop-shoting but the wax worms for tipping jigs, especially popeye jigs under a slip cork. Learned that one from Chaunc after he wore my butt out on KY Lake.
And I'll be down this weekend to hopefully get some more of those big gills. I'll call you when I get in town. Looking forward to checking out the new boat.

Boa3
05-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Doug, save a few of those worms for my trip. :biggrin

M R Dux
05-04-2016, 07:46 PM
And I'll be down this weekend to hopefully get some more of those big gills. I'll call you when I get in town. Looking forward to checking out the new boat.
I'm booked Friday and Sat. Come Sunday, your butt is in my boat (along with whomever else is tagging along).

M R Dux
05-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Doug, save a few of those worms for my trip. :biggrin

I know where to get more if I run tru 2000+ by then. My brother Chaunc can put a hurt on a few hundred himself.

Just painted 2 dozen new cranks in colors I'll GUARANTEE no bait company has in a catalog.

Cane Pole
05-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Those worms look like the worms I ate mixed in some flied lice (fried rice) at Mamasan's Hotel , bar and grill, etc in downtown Saigon.

Kevin22
05-04-2016, 08:19 PM
I ordered some red wigglers a while back, they shipped them in a priority mail box with holes and "LIVE ANIMALS" written on the side. You should have seen the lady bring the box to the door. She was holding it absolutely as far away from her body as physically possible with a terrified look on her face. She walked up to the door and set it down sooo softly on the step, scanned it with the little gun thing and backed away slowly. I don't know if she thought it had snakes or mice or what, but I was inside laughing my head off.