Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Aerobait Minnow bucket internal workings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aerobait Minnow bucket internal workings

Hey everyone, last year I bought a new Aerobait minnow bucket. I was really looking forward to using it. On my first fishing trip it decided to leave the boat while traveling down the highway. Besides some obvious cosmetic plastic damage to the bucket itself, the power wire from the battery pack separated from the switch. I got that soldered back up. The pump runs fine but doesn't seem to provide any air at all.

Can anyone that owns one of these minnow buckets tell me if it's missing a part, or can they see why it's not pumping any air?

I want to get this minnow bucket working, but can't see why it's not providing any air. It looks like everything is there. But I really don't know if there was anything extra still left behind in the ditch.

Post Thanks / Like

don't see any sign of an air hose? Does it use one? Looks like it'd come out of the black tube in the center of the last pic.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes Blackhawk19 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You may have an external crack in the pump housing. Test by using a small brush (1/8-1/4") and soapy water. Paint that on the black part of the pump assy and look for bubbles. If no bubbles, I'd say there is an internal break.....diaphragm possibly. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 110v that I use at times. The bubbles will decrease and almost stop. The rubber will get stiff and not want to flex. I tried some Armor All and it worked for me.
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like

The air is supposed to come up the center of the bucket into the bottom. No leaks at all after doing a soap test. The diaphragm is in good shape as it has never been used in the 1 year plus that I have owned it. After it took flight and landed on the highway, I just put it away.

As you can see in the picture, there is a black piece at the end of the motor shaft. It has a tiny bump on top that rotates while touching the paddle on the diaphragm. I believe it has something to do with how it makes contact and moves the diaphragm. Maybe it's not adjusted just right anymore after the tumble it took on the highway.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one that I let set for a good while and it would not pump air and I had to replace the diaphragm in the pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowabucks View Post
    The air is supposed to come up the center of the bucket into the bottom. No leaks at all after doing a soap test. The diaphragm is in good shape as it has never been used in the 1 year plus that I have owned it. After it took flight and landed on the highway, I just put it away.

As you can see in the picture, there is a black piece at the end of the motor shaft. It has a tiny bump on top that rotates while touching the paddle on the diaphragm. I believe it has something to do with how it makes contact and moves the diaphragm. Maybe it's not adjusted just right anymore after the tumble it took on the highway.

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That tiny bump should be a pin about 3/16 of an inch long. It fits the hole in the arm of the air pump so when the motor is running on moves the plunger in and out to pump air. Sounds like it was broken off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks jigflinger. Thats what it was. Most of the pin was broke off, and i didnt realize it needed to bethat long.

The company is sendibg me a replacement eccentric for the motor and i should be using it by next monday.

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk