Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Which finder for the front???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which finder for the front???

I need to mount a fish finder on the front of the boat. I have a 334C at the console but was wanting something on the nose. I have2 at the house now so its iffy on getting "permission" for another. One is a humminbird 535 and the other is a Lowrance 67C. Which do you think would be a better choice??

Post Thanks / Like

3"s, I use my front unit really as a secondary once I"ve located fish with my back one. I"d say either one would work out o.k.!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I know Jerry is a better fisherman than I but I'm just the opposite. I have my better unit on front, an Eagle 480, and my old unit on the big motor. I use it to get me in the general area and the TM to get me on the sweet spot. I like to see my jigs working on the DF. When I save enough of my MAD money will get a better unit on the back but for now my Eagle Ultra III works fine.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3's
    I need to mount a fish finder on the front of the boat. I have a 334C at the console but was wanting something on the nose. I have2 at the house now so its iffy on getting "permission" for another. One is a humminbird 535 and the other is a Lowrance 67C. Which do you think would be a better choice??
    I put the best one on the front as well. I use the one on the console for finding fish, brush or anything else that might catch my eye (Eagle fishmark 320). I have a Lowrance X97 up by the trolling motor because it has more power and is a little better unit. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

i have 332c at helm, had x67c small color unit on the bow, i just ordered the 510c fot the front i was tired of seeing everything on the helm unit and nothing on the little one.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

Put the 334 up front and the 67 at the helm.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

I thought of using the 334 up front but this is a dual purpose boat and use the gps to run by while hunting. Still trying to make a case for a new one though:D

Post Thanks / Like

3's, if you can talk the wife into another unit, try the Lowrance x102c on the front of your boat. Lowrance is phasing out the x102, 332c, and 334c out for 2007 but you can still buy them. It is just like the 334 but it does NOT have GPS. If you want to see everything under you, this is a super unit to go with!

Darrell Baker
    Weiss Lake Crappie Guides
    PO Box 778
    Centre, Alabama 35960
    Tele/ 256-927-2232
    Cell/ 256-557-0129
    www.weisslakecrappieguides.com

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd sell both the ones you have on ebay and get an x102c like suggested. You'll get almost enough for it if you sell them both and it would be easy to get the go ahead from the boss for the difference if you are willing to let those 2 go instead of sitting around as a reminder of how much stuff you have that you don't use. You might also look into the Lowrance models that you can link together with one gps antenna. I think its the units with the NMEA blue cords. Not sure if thats the 334 you have or not. Then you can have gps on both units and use the 1 antenna on the 334 you have for both.
    Not sure which unit will link to it. I'd check Lowrance's website.

I'd like to sell stuff on here if I could, but I usually get more money on ebay than what I'd feel good about asking outright. And I'm usually hard up for cash. You don't feel bad if someone bids on stuff and drives the price up. I've done real well when I sold a couple depthfinders and gps units on ebay. Those are newer models and will get good $

I'd opt for the best/ most powerful unit up front if I wasn't going to buy though.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.