Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Water temps

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Water temps

I was out on Nimrod putting out some bush and hunting Beavers I shot last week. The Beavers sink ,but will usually be there when the flood water is gone. The lake was 20' above normal and is getting back to normal now. So the water left should all be close to same temps. My transducer mounted on trolling motor for depth finder has a temp gauge. It was reading 41 degrees. I plan on fishing in a few days on some deeper brushpiles. Are the fish in your area doing good and what are the water temps ?
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Waters to hard to get the temp guage in right now. Hopefully it will soften some next week. Plan to sink some bamboo condos in a couple of weeks

Post Thanks / Like

Nimrod, those darn beavers tear them brush piles up dont they. I used to get very angry when I would go back to brush piles I had put out only to find that the beavers had ate them or dragged them off somewere. I used to shoot a beaver on sight without any feelings what so ever untill I one day when I was watching one of those animal shows . It was about beavers and there habits. I learned that they mate for life and if one of them gets killed or whatever the other will die from grief. I got to thinking about how many of those things I had killed and got to feeling a little bad. I'm not trying to get you to stop killing beavers or nothing because there is way to many of them. I did stop using green timber for my brush piles. I started building them out of drift wood and I found out that them crappie love that dead wood. The larger dia pieces really attract them.
    Biguns only:D

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by england
    Nimrod, those darn beavers tear them brush piles up dont they. I used to get very angry when I would go back to brush piles I had put out only to find that the beavers had ate them or dragged them off somewere. I used to shoot a beaver on sight without any feelings what so ever untill I one day when I was watching one of those animal shows . It was about beavers and there habits. I learned that they mate for life and if one of them gets killed or whatever the other will die from grief. I got to thinking about how many of those things I had killed and got to feeling a little bad. I'm not trying to get you to stop killing beavers or nothing because there is way to many of them. I did stop using green timber for my brush piles. I started building them out of drift wood and I found out that them crappie love that dead wood. The larger dia pieces really attract them.
    They cause so much damage to timber and stop up so many drains. Most places pay a bounty on the Beavers now.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs