Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wader Reviews

Dutchman is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wader Reviews

Looking for a durable set of booted waders that won't break the bank. The brand I've always worn are off the market now. Anyone have experience with any of the $100.00 range Frogg Toggs ? Maybe others ? Thanks .

Post Thanks / Like

For me, I use Hodgman Neoprene waders. I see you are in MS. I would suggest a lighter weight in either 3mm or 5mm. I steelhead fish in Michigan waters in the winter months and mine are 5mm but I don't get nearly as cold as other people. Wal-Mart sells Hodgman waders (called Casters). They are 3.5mm, double kneed and have hand pockets and are just south of $100.00
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the same Orvis breathables for years now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    I steelhead fish in Michigan waters in the winter months and mine are 5mm but I don't get nearly as cold as other people.
    Are most people up there using breathables? I would consider neoprene but, here in Georgia, I'm more concerned about not burning up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    For me, I use Hodgman Neoprene waders. I see you are in MS. I would suggest a lighter weight in either 3mm or 5mm. I steelhead fish in Michigan waters in the winter months and mine are 5mm but I don't get nearly as cold as other people. Wal-Mart sells Hodgman waders (called Casters). They are 3.5mm, double kneed and have hand pockets and are just south of $100.00

They are out of stock at Walmart online . Why is my reply showing up in this area of thread ??

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Dutchman;3209951]They are out of stock at Walmart online . Who's Orvis model do you have ?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry , meant which model ??

Post Thanks / Like

I use the breathable so in the summer and 5mm neoprene in the winter. I buy mine at Cabelas. I am pretty sure the breathables were less tan $100

Post Thanks / Like

Along with Boh's comment, I use Cabelas lightweight waders from fishing to duck hunting. They're not outrageously priced & you can't beat Cabelas warranty on waders. http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabel...Page%3D18&No=0

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McHanick View Post
    Along with Boh's comment, I use Cabelas lightweight waders from fishing to duck hunting. They're not outrageously priced & you can't beat Cabelas warranty on waders. http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabel...Page%3D18&No=0

Thanks is for the help guys. Looks like Cabelas has changed to a 3rd party source recently with their cheaper waders. Tons of bad reviews , everyone wants them to go back to Cabelas branded product.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast