Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton Lake Rocks! Fishing with Darryl and Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hamilton Lake Rocks! Fishing with Darryl and Jerry

Unbelievable, I've come down to visit Jerry and Darryl and boy did they put us on the fish. And really, it is unbelievable. We did not catch Crappie, but when the Crappie are not biting, you go after what is. This is probably the most productive 3.5 hours of fishing I have ever done. We caught 104 Stripers, White Bass, Hybrids, even a Walleye and a Drum. It was non-stop action.

I drove down 11 hours, out of minus 8 degree tempurature, down to 35 degrees here in Arkansas. Darryl and Jerry are awsome guides and we just nailed the stripers. We really, really did catch 104 fish. From some small Yellow Bass, to 7.5 pound Hybrid Stripers. Unbelivable. We fished for 3.5 hours, cleaned fish for 4.5 hours, came up with 52 pounds of fillets! Holly cow!

Here's the proof. This is only a few of the fish:

http://www.familyfishingtrips.com/images/070205.jpg
    These are only 46 of the 104 fish. REALLY

Tomorrow we're going after Crappie! Wish us luck!

Oh, and Dru, your calendar is fantastic. Darryl had a copy. I loved it. Hellava job.

Last edited by Slab; 02-05-2007 at 07:59 PM.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of fish, congrats!!

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Great catch , remember the limit on stripers and hybrids is only 6 combined per person per day.But whites is 25 and yellow bass I think is no limit. I hope you have as good of luck on the Crappies.:D
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD
    Great catch , remember the limit on stripers and hybrids is only 6 combined per person per day.But whites is 25 and yellow bass I think is no limit. I hope you have as good of luck on the Crappies.:D
    Yea, we were trying to remember how many stripers and hybrids we had when we couldn't get the lid on the livewell shut anymore. But since we had four people fishing we were well under our limit. The limit on Stripers on Greeson and Ouachita is only 3 per person so we have to keep a better count out there.

Here's a couple pictures I put on my "Biguns" page from today's trip:

Edhead

Tom

I still feel bad about missing out on filleting all those fish. But I had to take my boys to the doctor!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    I still feel bad about missing out on filleting all those fish.
    Suuurreee Jerry. lol

Ed you sound just a little excited. Maybe this'll get you out on the water a little more often. Wish I was there with ya.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa! I bet you guys sleep very good tonight. I'll bet that was some work catchin' all those big 'uns, and I'll bet it was even more work cleaning 'em. Glad to know that Jerry was able to skip out on the filleting. I'll have to remember that excuse!!!:D

I guess y'all are still jiggin' spoons in deep water?

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch guys! What fun. Catchin that many that fast sounds a little like work.

Sign me up.

Good luck and enjoy. Hope the pizza was good.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work guys, thats one heck of a mess of fish. Thanks for posting the pics and Jerry thanks for the fish cleaning tip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ceb
    Whoa! I bet you guys sleep very good tonight. I'll bet that was some work catchin' all those big 'uns, and I'll bet it was even more work cleaning 'em. Glad to know that Jerry was able to skip out on the filleting. I'll have to remember that excuse!!!:D

I guess y'all are still jiggin' spoons in deep water?
    Hey, I filleted 46 by myself yesterday. I think it was the first time I've ever admitted to being tired of cleaning fish. Two hours at the doctors office and an hour at Walmart waiting on prescriptions was worse than cleaning fish though.

Yea, we were jigging 1/4-ounce silver Kastmaster Spoons from 30-feet to the bottom in 40 to 60-feet of water. We were all using the new 6'6" light action Ugly Stik spinning rods Shakespeare just sent me and they handled the big fish just fine and made it a lot of fun. We lost a couple dozen fish while we were bringing them up and I think that was partly because the hooks on the Kastmasters are so small.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking pics guys, I'll bet yall had a blast!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast