Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UL Rod Suggestions

Post Thanks / Like

Default UL Rod Suggestions

Looking to pick up 2-3 UL rods for bobber fishing, cheaper ones for loaners to keep in the rod locker. Looking for cheap, but decent, UL in the 6-7' length. 1 or 2pc. Any suggestions? Not jigging rods, just used for tossing small spring or slip floats for crappie/bluegill.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

For loaners, Ugly Stick. Done!
    Likes Hat55 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Pro Microlites
    Likes Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use the field an stream inferno 25$ very nice for the money.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You can get Berkley Cherrywoods at WM for around $20-25 ... but, I'd get a medium action in them if inexperienced anglers were going to be using them.

A 7' 1pc med action Cherrywood spinning rod at WM would cost about $23 (free shipping on orders over $50) -- Berkley Cherrywood Spinning Rod - Walmart.com
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I looked up all of the suggested products but they didn't really jump out at me.
    Although ugly sticks would be the most logical rod for newbies, I would use these rods as well if needed and I really don't like ugly sticks.
    The BPS micro lites, I have had a few of those in the past.. great rods. However I have no BPS near me and the shipping costs and snail mail from them is unbearable.
    I looked up the inferno and only found 5' in the UL, I want 6-7' for ease of casting lighter rigs.
    Cherrywoods are probably just what I need however again I haven't personally seen them in the longer UL lengths. I really need UL because we do fish a lot of light rigs for bluegill up here for bluegill (3/8 pencil bobbers, BB split shot and #8 hook with a waxworm).

I was browsing through fishusa little bit ago (still a site sponsor?) and saw quantum xtralite rods and noticed they had a 6'6 UL for $22.. sounds like the perfect "rod locker rod" to me! Ordered a few of them and some "needed" baits. I have tons of UL reels in the garage from ice fishing so this should work out perfectly.

Thank you very much for the suggestions, even though I didn't listen to any of you!

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a couple of CrappieMax UL that I personally use on a regular bases when dock fishing an they work great and there in the 20 buck range.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Okuma ceiloi(sp?)
    Likes Locator79 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You never did say what your budget was. With that information we can narrow the field down for you much better.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I have kinda went away from ul. And have mostly 1 pc. Light action rods. 1 have notice I can feel and cast better with 1 piece if you can swing in.
    Likes TrevorW LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast