Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Submerisible Light

Post Thanks / Like

Default Submerisible Light

In two weeks I am going on a weekend trip on Dale Hollow Lake with some friends. We rent a house boat and also bring our boats. I thought this year I would try hanging a light off the house boat at night and try to catch some crappie while enjoying our favorite beverages. LOL What is a good green, led submersible light to purchase? Also, do I need to bring a separate 12volt battery for it? Any tips on how to catch the crappies with the light in two weeks on a clear Dale Hollow Lake? I sure can't catch any during the day time there. We go out of Holly Creek Marina so the houseboat will be tied to a bank not far from there.

Post Thanks / Like

There are several videos on the web about building your own. They get the leds off ebay and use clear tubing for fluoresce lights from Lowes. Much cheaper than the ready made ones. I have not tried either, but have been considering trying to make one. Looks like I can make a large one for about $20 to $25. They cost about $80 for same size. If you buy one, let us know what kind you get and how it does.

Post Thanks / Like

Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    Thanks, I actually did do a search but I used night light for crappie. daaa

Post Thanks / Like

Bass pro has a cheap green light that works if you don't want to build or spend much money for something that only see's limited use. If you are looking for a great l.e.d light check out fishinglightsetc.com look for their super bright leds.
    I have used the 2' light for several yrs almost unbreakable an very bright. Most of my green lighting is on Dale hollow starting early May,find the edges of grass off points in 20-25 fow an wait on the shad to show up. If no shad around move an try again. Boch

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the green submersible light that I ended up buying from Academy. Paid $59. Hopefully it will work well. Any one else use this one? Also, how much of the battery does it use up in a typical night? I am thinking I will need a separate battery versus running my boat battery down. Do you use a separate battery.