Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need advice

For those who pull crankbaits and/or jigs with a 24 volt trolling motor using 4 batteries, do you parallel them all together or keep as separate pairs with some type of switch. If you are using a switch, what type?

I currentlly have two 31's batteries on boat but have another set lying around shop. Thinking about putting in boat. I have had long days where a fresh set of batteries would have come in handy. Also have another 2 bank charger I can utilize in addition to the 3 bank on the boat. Which will make charging 4 batteries no problem.

Appreciate any feedback or comments.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ran another set of wires and added another plug,and also have a trolling plate for backupNeed advice

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Blueball. While my Trojans give good time on the water, a few times at the end of day when they are winding down I have found fish and had to leave them biting due to weakened batteries. The next day they would be gone. Too bad, too sad. Hate pulling off fish wanting to go home with me. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crp4570 View Post
    Thanks Blueball. While my Trojans give good time on the water, a few times at the end of day when they are winding down I have found fish and had to leave them biting due to weakened batteries. The next day they would be gone. Too bad, too sad. Hate pulling off fish wanting to go home with me. Lol.
    been there,done that haha,thats why i have two 24 volt setups and a trolling plate
    Likes crp4570 LIKED above post