PDA

View Full Version : Last Update Post About My Son

skiptomylu
02-05-2007, 01:59 PM
It's the last for several reasons, one is because some are not happy that I post these updates and for any that still want to get them please give me your email address by emailing me at... skip@thumpitjigs.com

The other reason which I didn't know when I decided this is because of what is in this update...

Here is where we are now and it's a good update!

Randy update

Well the last two weeks have been a real change and I have been left with my mouth open with surprise.

Let me start with the last time I was there and they did the surgery on his rear and said that would probably be his last on that except for some cosmetic surgery later.

I was surprised and very happy about this!

While we were back here last week he moved out of ICU and into a regular room. Again really good! However they think one of many pieces of metal still in his back may be causing his pain in hi left leg and foot, but the is a wait and see issue right now. Later they will look into it again.

Now I was supposed to go last Friday again, but the wife and I got sick with a bug and didnít want to expose him to that. He called Sunday Morning and told us a doctor had just came by and told him they were going to release him Tuesday. Now he will be living with his wife and kids wile he rehabs at the Center For The Intrepid; then new facility they just had a big dedication for last Monday along with 2 new Fisher Houses.

He is now walking with just a walker for help and tried sitting some this weekend and had a visit with his kids. He was able to sit for 1-Ĺ hours. He is one happy camper to be getting out of the hospital, but still a long way to go. I am not sure how long he will still be in San Antonio before he returns to FT. Campbell.

There is no doubt the power of prayer has done a remarkable job with Randy and I really appreciate all the prayers he has received from all of you out there.

Thanks to all of you!

Skip

speck chaser
02-05-2007, 02:07 PM
I don't mind the post and you are right prayer does help
Your son and family are in my prayers God bless

FishnLine
02-05-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm glad to hear about his improvements. I hope he get's through all of it soon.

Crappisaurusrex
02-05-2007, 02:40 PM
I glad your son is doing better!:D I cant imagine anyone objecting.:mad:

grubby
02-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Glad to here the good news Skip. If they don't like it they dont have to read

Billbob
02-05-2007, 02:58 PM
keep up with the post if THEY dont like it THEY can go to wherever people like that go to!!!!!

Barnacle Bill
02-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Great news Skip!

Ragfly Jig Man
02-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Skip, I will definately give you my e-mail for the updates. I don't see why you shouldn't post the updates here in the open forum. For the ones that don't like it then they can go to where people like that go. It is always great to hear good news about our Crappie.com members and especially great to hear that one of our country's hero's is getting better.

GRIZZ
02-05-2007, 03:10 PM
It's the last for several reasons, one is because some are not happy that I post these updates

Let me know who that is and I'll rub them the wrong way. :cool: :D

Other than that...

YAY!!! Really glad to hear hes doing so well. God is good.

James 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

mperry
02-05-2007, 03:17 PM
This is supposed to be a family site. They don't want to read it they don't have to. I say keep posting. I believe more people on here wants to know what's going on than don't. Hope he get's well soon.

tim
02-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Yes keep on posting i am glad he is doing good tell him thanks for his service.

TAZ
02-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Great news Skip! Prayers still coming from SW Ohio!

Wiskers
02-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Great news skip! Sounds like your boy was cut from some tuff timber! He'll be ready to jerk the jaws off some crappie before you know it! :D

crappiequeennc
02-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Skip...Great news about your son...I'm glad to hear how he is doing...God Bless you and your family....Please don't stop posting...We really do want to know how he is doing...

Kenlake slab
02-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Hey Skip, keep posting those updates, I'm glad to hear the good news about Randy. We want to know how he is doing.

Tom

guest01
02-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Dont stop the post skip, we will all need the prayers sometime in life, and If I am in need I will certainly post and ask for them. Glad he is going home, looking forward to seeing pictures of him holding up a big o slab.

skiptomylu
02-05-2007, 04:15 PM
All I can say is you guys are the best! Thank You so very much! It is about to bring a tear to my eyes as I am truly touched!

TapOut64
02-05-2007, 04:24 PM
It's the last for several reasons, one is because some are not happy that I post these updates

I can't even imagine who these "some" are. Every true American in this forum appreciates the sacrifice your son has made and wishes him well in his recovery. Keep the updates coming.

ToadRunner
02-05-2007, 04:32 PM
I haven't responded to any of your updates before, but I have read them all and I have been praying for your son's recovery. (I have a son in Boot Camp right now!!) Just my opinion, but I think you should keep posting these updates, alot of people on this site care about his progress. It also should serve as a reminder to all the rest that Freedom is never free...

God bless!!

hogfaninla
02-05-2007, 04:54 PM
please keep up with the posts....it is encouraging to hear such news today when all you hear is the stories about all the dead ones coming home....thank god he is doing well and can be back with his family....

anchorpuller
02-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Skip,

As I've said before, my entire family reads each update with fervor. We are grateful to your son and the many like him that have sacrificed much for all of us.
I have absolutely no doubt the power of prayer and will continue to keep him in ours as he continues to work with his rehab.
Your son's purple heart is the first one my son (8) had ever seen. It was a great way for him to understand about patriotism.
I hope you will continue the updates, but if you don't, you can be sure that you will be getting an email from yours truly to be added to your list :)

Thanks again.

Grumpa
02-05-2007, 05:01 PM
I like toadrunner have not responded to your post, but I have read each and everyone of them. My thoughts and prayers have been with you and your son, let me say that I hope you DO NOT stop posting about your son. If there are others who do not like to read your post then they should ignore them, but they should not keep others from being updated on his conditions. I beleive if the media showed more stories about these brave heroes that are injured or killed then this war would be over a lot sooner

fiddlefarter
02-05-2007, 05:01 PM
You gotta be kidding me right? You make a post like once every 2 weeks letting us know how you son is doing, that was badly injured in an American war. Won't get into feelings on the war but I do care about the people there. Keep us posted. The majority of us want to know and have been keeping track of his progress and it sounds like its going well.

He was on a lot of people's prayer and good wishes lists. Maybe it helped. I think the folks that aren't interested should pm me so I can take them off my good wishes list.

Now this subject might belong on the Off Topic forum, but I think that this was/is important and it should be where we all gather. Every post gets like 3-4 pages of reponses...none of which i have seen to be negative.

Carl Palmer
02-05-2007, 05:30 PM
You just keep on posting. I consider him a hero. He went over and did his best to help protect us. that is a heck of a lot more then these naysayers can say. Thanks be to the All Mighty and core values we still have young men like him.

J White
02-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Glad he is improving, keep posting! Jeff

fishboy
02-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Keep posting, my prayers are with him and the family

magnum500
02-05-2007, 06:51 PM
I am glad to hear that he is doing well. As for your posts I look forward to hearing about the recovery. I check every day to see if there is anything new. As for anyone that is against your posting his condition they are not worth worrying about. You just keep the posts coming to keep us informed. I am so very proud of what he has done and it angers me to know that some people just don't seem to care. Just in case I am sending you my e-mail.

God bless, Jim.

crappiefarmer
02-05-2007, 07:17 PM
You are a member of the crappie.com family and for that matter, your son is too. We all are concerned about any families well being here and the way I see it, You have the right to post this here. Those that oppose should be ashamed of themselves but I guess they got that way for a reason. Keep posting man. We all need to know that your son is making progress. He is just one of the best of us all and He should be treated as such. Thankyou for the posts. Keep them coming. CF

old fuzzy
02-05-2007, 07:37 PM
keep'em comming ,and thank you for the post update on your son--fuzz

gcromer
02-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Keep us post here.
Gerald K4NHN
Cayce, SC

Jerry Blake
02-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Hey Skip:

Thanks very much for keeping us updated on your son's progress. I'm really glad to hear he is doing so well. I'll have to admit that after I first read about his horrible injuries I was afraid the outcome was going to be a LOT worse.

Please don't stop posting about your son just because some don't appreciate it. If they aren't bright enough to scroll down the page past any posts they may not be interested in then that's their problem.

Tell your son that when he's feeling up to it, he and his family have a free guided fishing trip waiting on them in Hot Springs Arkansas.

bobberwatcher
02-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Keep the posts coming Skip. Glad to hear the good news. If you and your son take Jerry up on the free guide offer, please let me know when you guys are going. I would really enjoy driving up just to meet you two.

cnorf
02-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Keep the reports coming....Still have our prayers. Anyone that would object, has not ever been in combat or has a loved one in it..........I love to fish and read about fishing----but that doesn't compare to reading about someone's loved one making it back and getting better........God Bless...

fishingpox
02-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Great news is always good to hear. Keep updating us on his health. Do not worry what people think, it's kinda like the prison warden speaking of " Cool hand Luke" some people you just can't reach.

gooch
02-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Skip, thanks for the good report and keep them comming. The main forum on crappie.com is used for fishing advice, tips, techniques, birthday wishes, death announcements, birth announcements, special event announcements, and by God updates on the health of members kids, who were injured defending the freedom of this country.

I just wish the kid could sign on crappie.com so he could see how many folks he never met are in his corner pulling for him.

Mud Turtle
02-05-2007, 09:36 PM
The only thing that I can add is to be sure to tell him a lot of us said THANKS!!!!!

1weezer
02-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Great news Skip! And you keep the post coming. I look forward to reading them. And when he gets to Ft. Campbell, he and you have a free fishing trip here on Kentucky Lake. Only about 45 miles from there.
Good Bless buddy.

FalconSmitty
02-05-2007, 10:47 PM
I have not posted on your threads but have read each one and yall are in my prayers. this is the Crappie.com Family. Keep your updates coming skip.

I can imagine the person that complained won't be posting on this thread. I mean we do have a few tools on the boards but that is just going to far even for them. Let'em whine if they ain't whining about your post they will be whinning about something else. may God Bless them.

possum1
02-06-2007, 06:27 AM
As a disabled viet vet myself, I want to keep up with your son`s progress. Tell him thanks for me!! possum1

CrappiePappy
02-06-2007, 07:58 AM
You keep them updates coming, and put them right here on the Main Message Forum !!

Unless you hear from "ME", about not posting something ... or that I've moved your post to a more "appropriate" forum ... then consider them as A-O.K. to continue.

ANYONE, whom may feel that these posts are inappropriate for this forum, or has a problem with them being continued .... they can PM me !!

....... cp

jerho
02-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Skip!
I don't post too often, but I read all your posts. Please keep us updated. I know the love expressed by our crappie family will be a great encouragement to him and his family. ..so once again keep the posts coming so that we can keep up the encourgement. Our prayers will continue.
Jerry

Backlash
02-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Like so many before me, please don't stop posting updates on your son. We all care and want to know about his amazing recovery. Those of us who have been praying for him know the power of prayer and will continue to pray for his complete recovery. Thanks for sharing with us and God bless.

skiptomylu
02-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Wow I am just overwhelmed by you guys and gals on this board. I always knew you were a bunch of good people, but this is a new high for me here. I just don't know how to say thank you enough for you prayers and you staunch support.

I will try to get him on this site soon. I know he will have access to a computer soon and not long before he will be able to go to that room at the guest house that has the computers and sit long enough to come here for a visit. Knowing him he would love to be able to thank you in person, but I guess that is imposable so coming here by computer would be something he would want to do.

He has always responded to letters and other things (cookie or other things) and answered b them back to thank them for their support. He has always been conscious of keeping the public on the side of our military and makes sure to let the kids and others know how much he appreciated their support. He didn't want to miss even one kid that sent him a letter or something else.

I hope he's able to fish with all of you that are offering him a fishing trip. I know he loves fishing and wants to keep his kids exposed to the great outdoors. When they were here last summer I was able to get out on the water with them in between storms and both kids were able to catch some crappie. I am sure if at all possible he will take Jerry Blake and 1weezer up on their offer to take him fishing. Thanks for that guys, it means a lot to him as well as me.

How can I not keep updating this board with all this support. I guess he will just need to skip over my updates. I am sure they will get a little farther apart since my updates are pretty much as the news on him indicates some change. I know he is chomping at the bit to get over to the Center For The Intrepid (new rehab facility) because he has talked about it several times. One time was when the TV was showing some of the features it has and he said how much he was looking forward to utilizing that place to it's fullest. So I know he will push the limits of him self to condition his body and that's just Randy, full out all the time.

Thank You ALL!

Skip

LOZcrappie
02-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Keep the posts coming!!! Thanks to your son and the many other men and women out there protecting our freedom!

shadow
02-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Hey Skip, after you and your son get tired of chasing all those fresh water specks, come down my way and I would be happy to get you on some saltwater specks and reds in my back yard! :D

Daydreamer
02-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Skip i don't know you but my hart & prayer is with you. My neffew is going in May.We all are nerved up. I hope your son& any others hurt a good recoveryand the safty to all the rest. GOD BLESS

Big Mac
02-06-2007, 12:09 PM
I am new to this site, But I heartedly agree for you to keep on posting on your son's progress. Our countries young heroes should not be put aside or forgotten. I would not wish my reception, upon returning in '69, to happen again to anyone ever.

.....mac

catch fillet
02-06-2007, 12:20 PM
I for one am very proud of thease young men--God Bless them all+++++++++++and to all that disagree come see me I need a new anchor.

crappiencali
02-07-2007, 05:17 AM
We are all family here, their shouldn't be anyone complaining about these post. Your son is an AMERICAN HERO and I (plus more of the people here)want to know how Randy is doing. Skip you can email me anytime with updates on Randy and tell him that I am greatfull for everything he has done over there. I pray for his speedy recovery and hope a chance to hear that he went out with his dad to catch some crappie.

kmb411
02-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the update. I know that alot of people from all over the country are praying for Randy and for you to have the strength to deal with this. As most people have felt your anxioty and concern, and if they did not, I would hope that they do no feel welcome on this website.

Please thank your son and his family for his courage and let him know that he may not see it or hear it every day, but he is a true AMERICIAN HERO!

God bless y'all.

David Waters
02-07-2007, 12:45 PM
I read every update you posted Skip.

Keep them Coming.

God bless your son, and you and your family.

wrwest
02-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Skip that great news, Thanks for the updates and keep them coming... You and your family are in our prayers...

JET4
02-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Keep the updates coming, your family will be in our prayers. God bless

Songdog
02-07-2007, 06:06 PM
never get tired of hearing about one of our countries heroes and anyone that does needs to go over there and see what he saved them from God bless your son tell him Thank You from me and my family

Darryl Morris
02-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Glad to read the progress each time it's posted and keep it up. Don't let the bitter black sheep of the crappie.com family get you down. After ya'll get to where you can travel and you fish with Jerry, then you can go with me the next day and I'll show you how it's really done, LOL. No expiration date on that invite!!!

Glowgood Jigster
02-08-2007, 05:21 AM
I want to know how Randy is doing whenever you get the time to tell us. He's one of my hero's and I'm proud to say so.

skiptomylu
02-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks everyone, I have not been able to get on my computer much for the last couple of weeks so I have been slow to respond. I am trying to catch up on that some now.

Crappie Reaper
02-24-2007, 06:39 AM
God bless him Skip! Thank him for his service for all of us. It's a sad day when the liberal media out of Hollywood is able to blind people of what the true facts are about the world of Terror. Your son is amoung many HEROs that have tried to make this a better world.

ejones1961
02-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Glad to hear that your son is doing better. Post about him all you want

bttmline
02-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Great news Skip. Don't let others deter you from posting about Randy. We are proud of him and don't care what others think.
Tim

CrappieHusker
02-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Great news on your son, Skip! He has been in our prayers daily since I first read about him. We have friends (former marines) that have marine sons in Iraq now. One is on his third tour. Your son and their sons are American heroes. Do not stop posting. God bless you, your son and all of the great Americans that fight for our freedoms everywhere!

boatman44
02-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Keep the post coming, and I just can't seem to imagine some people or person with such a shallow mind. they also need the prayer

crappieranger
02-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Your son is a hero. He will be in this old Illinois boy's prayers.

crappieranger

skiptomylu
02-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh wow I posted on this thread instead of the last one. Sorry guys! I meant to post on the one I last made.

Crappie Xtreme
02-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Hey skip, Keep them posted. I think it is a good idea and if some people don't like it they go to another site. Your son deserves it for what he has done and been through.
I fer sure don't mind because if it were not for brave man like your son I would not be able to tell you how I feel.
Keep up the good work and keep us posted thats what we are here for, to support you and your son.

Crappie X.