Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: BNM versus Mr. crappie rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default BNM versus Mr. crappie rods

Last spring I got 2-10 ft BNM rods. They worked fine for me. This spring I also got a couple 12 ft. Mr. Crappie rods. Yesterday first time using them. Didn't like them. Rod is probably fine I had problems with bobber stop going through last eye at tip. Something with that eye doesn't let bobber stop go through easily. Very frustrating. I always had to keep jerking my line up to get it through. I finally gave up and put rod up. Husband said leave line out past bobber stop and just pitch it. I am a tall 5 ft. with short arms. Trying to do that didn't work. Husband said he would trade me his two BNM rods for my two Mr. Crappie rods. I said sold. He changed them this morning. Hank Parker said a long time ago to match a rod to persons size. Guess that is why me and my 5 ft ultralights get along so good. Using 15 lb. braid you can catch some pretty nice fish on them.
    Likes kcglock LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Problem mite be your stops...if you haven't already try Rod n Bob's Bobber Stops they have thinner thread that passes through eyelets better...wal and k mart have them
    "In my father's house are many mansions..." John 14:2

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use the thread ones. I use the plastic or whatever they are. They go through the BNM fine. Just like the plastic ones better or whatever they are made of. May be rubber.