Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: truman yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Default truman yesterday

We got to bucksaw about 930 fished until 615. We ended the day with 29. no consistent color, blue/white on a roadrunner was best. MDC was at ramp checking people when we got back in. We got a verbal warning for all fish in one livewell. He said it is a $150 ticket for what we did. Better have fish separated. He also told us that they had several agents on the water checking people, also said that they have written a lot of tickets for people over their limit this past week. I'm glad to see them out there as I haven't seen one in a very long time.
    Likes kcglock, truman13 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I put all the fish in one livewell but I mark the fish by hole punching the fins. I hope that's legal.
    Likes beagle man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Take scissors with you and clip fins on one person's fish. If
    the fish are marked you are good to go.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

It's about dang time. Too many people overfishing. Glad they are finally out and handing out tickets. There should be zero tolerance on these types of things. Who knows how many people get away with double or triple limits in their livewells and drive off without anyone knowing. One guy even asked me on the ramp what the limit was after he came back with a livewell full of fish. I mean really?!

I wouldn't just clip a fin and call it "separating" your fish. Last I heard they had to be physically separated on their own stringer, creel, basket, livewell, etc. I wouldn't take the chance. They sell netted bags you can easily put your fish into and keep them in the livewell. Looks just like a small laundry bag but with bigger "holes" and stronger netting material. I have 2 of them and like them much better than the metal baskets. I got them as gifts so I'm not sure where they would sell them.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats. on your day, and nice agent to give you a warning, I do the hole punch thing when there is three of us, been checked and no problem, books says must be able to identify each fisherman's fish. hole punch works fine. as for the over limit guys. hope they settle down.
    Likes long poler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I took metal shower curtain clips and put a wooden bead on each one and numbered them 1-15. Third person in the boat puts one on each fish. Works well
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.
    Likes Jigging15, dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Boat has 2 live wells and 2 dividers never fish more than 4 no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to Bucksaw 4 times in the past 6 weeks. MDC has been at the top of the ramp twice. They have checked me both times. I enjoy talking to them. This past week me and a partner used one live well with a divider. He ask if that is how we were separating our fish and with a yes, he seemed to be happy with that. I'm glad they are there.
    Likes dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they learned their lesson on the over limits. From what I have heard it is very costly and some have lost their fishing license.