Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Friday mad house

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday mad house

I did pretty good these last few days down on truman. Caught some up shallow on the banks but most came spider rigging in 10 to12 foot of water with minnows. I really enjoyed the trip until some joker ran directly at me almost hiitng me to tell me I was running on the wrong side of the channel. I was over there because I had to avoid several other pleasure slower boaters and people who were actually fishing around the area. The good thing is I always run with my go pro on so when and if it happens again I can let the authorities deal with him.
    The point for me is if you dont enjoy being out there maybe its time to find a new hobby.
    David C. L'Heureux
    ET2 SW/AW USN RET
    100% Disabled Veteran
    Formerly known as dhkdl1
    Likes kcglock LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Were you spider rigging when he ran at you or were you under power? If you were spider rigging he would have to pass by on the available side since he is more maneuverable. I doubt the "port to port" rule could apply when slow trolling. When traveling under power, expectation is port to port passing with oncoming boats, unless obvious they are on different parallel paths.

Post Thanks / Like

glad you caught a few, but what the heck Worn side of the channel I'll fish where ever the heck I want to.