Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reelfoot Lake-Early April??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot Lake-Early April??

Interested in going to Reelfoot Lake the first or second week of April. Any fellow Missouri guys have thoughts/suggestions on the fishing or lodging, etc? Not sure if this too early in spring?

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a better idea...come a little farther south and join us at Grenada the first week of april.I know very little about Reelfoot but i would think the timing should be pretty good.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

come to Granada the cotton wont be to high the wind low the livin easy the fish a jumpin the amber liquid flowing who the heck cares if the fish are biting

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm...Greneda.....More details please! Dates, lodging, etc

Post Thanks / Like

Several of us Missouri boy's have reservations at Hugh White state park april 2-6 their number is 662-226-4934 i'm not sure if there are any cabins left but there are plenty of camping/rv spots as well as hotels in the area...i guarantee it will be a trip to remember.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Reelfoot will be crowded that part of April. If your'e going, make reservations soon. Blue Bank is good. Like Beagle and Bugs said, Grenada is where the fun will be. We may catch a few crappie also.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going down with a group the 3rd week of April. We'll leave on the 19th and return on Sunday. We stay at South Shore. Rick is a good guy. I won't say we slay them but we catch some fish. I am still waiting to get those cooler fulls. I usually fish the Eagle Nest area. If anyone has any ideas of how and where to catch a lot of crappie at Reelfoot I sure would appreciate some information.

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieCoz
    I'm going down with a group the 3rd week of April. We'll leave on the 19th and return on Sunday. We stay at South Shore. Rick is a good guy. I won't say we slay them but we catch some fish. I am still waiting to get those cooler fulls. I usually fish the Eagle Nest area. If anyone has any ideas of how and where to catch a lot of crappie at Reelfoot I sure would appreciate some information.
    Man that time of year they should be stacked around every cypress knee. You should tear them up.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm heading down to Reelfoot April 22 and staying through the 26th at a Resort rental house next to the washout pool. Our group is staying at Boyettes Resort since most of the other ones make you use their boats and only work package deals. We are a little more independant than most I guess and we like using our own stuff. We were going to go in early May, but from what I heard, the crappie will be winding down by then and bluegill starting up. So we decided to move our trip earlier to get a little chances of more crappie fishing being still good. Any tips would be appreciated- we usually go to Truman but wanted a change of scenery this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to quote your message but I don't know how to do that so here is a suggestion.
    You may want to call South Shore. They will let you bring your own boat and stay at their place and maybe you can work a method out to have a slip, bait, and an ice package with your room. It may be a little late but something to think about for next year since you already have a place this year.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast