Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Top water crappie Loz

Post Thanks / Like

Default Top water crappie Loz

I have caught crappie several different ways.... Under a bobber, cranking, dipping, trolling, etc.

I have even caught one on top water a few years ago, but it was an accident.

I'm thinking this weekend I'm going to really try the top water approach since they are so close to the bank, and get it on film.
    I've gathered a few different micro top water lures and will see if that was just a fluke 3 years ago.

Anyone else ever get a top water bite with crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

I have at a local conservation lake. It was a late spring evening, about an hour before dark I started seeing fish the surface. Kinda of a delicate flip, not like bass, and not like bluegills. I was curious so I tied on a crick-hopper. And used it like a popper. I was surprised to catch a nice crappie on the first cast. I had hits on every cast but they weren't commited so I only landed about a half dozen. Wasn't long and the bite diminished as the sun faded. I don't fish that lake much anymore but I never did find that bite again.

Post Thanks / Like

yep small shad rap, twitch, sit , slow retrieve, Repeat. it works.

Post Thanks / Like

last summer the mayflies were hatching on our lake and the next morning we were out there with flyrods and white millers... had a blast. If you see a mayfly hatch and not too much wind they can be caught easily.