Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ozark Pro 14' trolling rods breaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ozark Pro 14' trolling rods breaking.

In two weeks I've busted the tip section in the same place on two rods lifting fish. Brand new, used a few times so I bet all four of the new ones have lifted a fish before. Anyone else having issues breaking new Ozark trolling rods?
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using my 14' Ozarks going on 3 years now and never had a problem and I've had them literally snagged and wrapped under the boat.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I used them for several years and never broke one . Have bent them under the boat . I however do not land fish with any rod .
    Likes jusphil85 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Broke another one this weekend. That is three tips. These are brand new ones. I have four older ones I traded some reels for and they are bullet proof. The new ones are suspect.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes the rods will get rubbed and the modules in the graphite can separate creating a weak spot. This can happen during shipping, riding in your boat, and his most common where they ride in the back of a truck. I had a buddy who kept braking bass rods in the same place but of different brands. He would ride the hanging over the tailgate on the way to the lake and then put in the boat. Once I showed him the little scarred up areas from the tailgate, he began laying the rods from corner to corner in the truck bed on at mat. This eliminated his problem. Inspect any other rods that shipped with these or have been riding with my them. There should be a defect on them. It could have come from factory or happened during shipping, that is seldom the cause. Also be sure line is not grabbing on guides or anything you are adding to the line such as beads. Twenty years ago I had some BnMs that everyone broke in a similar fashion I noticed the line would tangle around the guides while swinging a fish. I felt the guides were spaced to far a part. I started looking at what few options at that time there were for crappie rods and the Bass Pro Wally Marshalls had twice the guides of any other crappie rods and at that time higher module graphite. So I switched and was fishing them three days of hard fishing a week and took me years to break my first one after slamming it in storage box door. The next was a live well. This is when I learned how important boat organization and make sure all rods are in rodholders while rigging, rebaiting,or taking off fish. I still have some of those original Wallys that have landed thousands of fish, they aren't as pretty anymore. I would take them out in a minute though even though some have the threads unraveling.

I would bet the company would warranty your rods if new give them a call and try to diagnose the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

They are not the same as a few years ago. I have never had to cuddle my Slab Daddy poles. B&M has changed to, in my world. Sorry for your experience! No body ever talks about the Slab Daddy poles. They are fine!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent response back from Ditto Basso at Ozark. I emailed my use of the rods, my situation, and they are sending me a set of new tips thinking they may have been damaged in shipping or something. EXCELLENT SERVICE. A product will have glitches over time, but it is the company's response that makes a difference.
    Likes "G", TrevorW, crappielimits, ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Turns out my "tips" assumption was incorrect. One tip... even though their email stated "tips". I've emailed them again, we'll see.