Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LED Strip Lighting

Post Thanks / Like

Default LED Strip Lighting

I am thinking about adding LED strip lights to both sides of my new pontoon. I have no idea what might be the best color lights to use. In the past I have used either a floating light or a Coleman lantern on a Cleat On lantern jack. While these have worked well, it is just that much more gear I need to carry. The deck on my boat is only 7' X 8' so I would rather keep my decks as clear as possible thus the strip lights. Below is a picture of my boat. Since I just got it, it is not rigged yet.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  46.9 KB

Is white light better then black light or is there one color that is the best for night fishing crappie? Any thoughts from the members experienced in this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Boh

Post Thanks / Like

When I was in the military, red was used at night..we had red filters that we put in the lens cap..I have a head lamp,led, with red for night..dont know if other colors will work..green for submersible lights are the norm it seems

Post Thanks / Like

Green is what most are using
    Minnermatics Prostaff
    My wife lets me buy all the rods and reels I can hide.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking about white or blue but wanted to know if there is a "best" color to use. Only concern with the green is it is a navigation color.

Boh

Post Thanks / Like

If you put a long strip light in green on your boat and someone can't tell the difference in it and a nav. light, they don't need to be on the water.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave the wave View Post
    If you put a long strip light in green on your boat and someone can't tell the difference in it and a nav. light, they don't need to be on the water.
    Dave, that was my first thought ... but, some states have stricter regulations than normal, and then there's always the "billy bad butt" LEO with a chip on his shoulder or trying to make a name for himself.

Best bet would be for Boh to call his state DNR or Fish/Wildlife Dept. and ask them.

Post Thanks / Like

While I have not used either yet my recommendation would be green for under water and red or blue for mounting around the edge of the deck which would allow you to see what's where.
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of the replies. I've got a little time to think about how I want to go about this but I certainly appreciate all of the input. I need to get my electronics and rod holders mounted first and then my trolling motor. Won't be able to take her out until next week unfortunately

Boh

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this link on the Alabama forum. Bama S has some nice lights on his rig and they seem to bring in the fish.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/alaba...night-fishing/

Post Thanks / Like

one good thing about colored lights is they dont draw bugs, like white. i use green or white for submersibles.