Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Help, free ramp and fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Help, free ramp and fishing?

So I have always stuck to the KC lakes for crappie (Longview, Prairie Lee, BS, Jacomo and Smithville) but this year the lure of Truman is calling. I hear it's on fire and I'm wanting to join the madness.

I run a lo-tech 14' Jon boat with a 9.9 on the back, and I'm looking on Google Maps for a free ramp on the KC side of the lake where I can launch and get in to some fish without too much underwater tree trouble. I have my sights on what looks to be a boat ramp straight south of Tightwad on SE 1151 Road. Can anyone tell me if this is in fact an accessible ramp to launch a small boat? Is this a safe location for someone to navigate the waters who doesn't know the lake that well? And if you helpful souls answered yes to both these questions, can you tell me which direction to head or if any of the coves around there are known for the slabs we seek?

Any assistance is much appreciated!!! Thanks Y'all!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bernie, check with G.Gordon, too... He's been known to launch his kayak from some of those less trafficked spots. Not sure if some of those could even accommodate a trailer or not, but... My guess is he would know where to start and seems to get into them without having to paddle too far. Might be just what you're looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep it's a nice ramp, the road to it can be rough at times but it was fine the last I went down it. There is a cove to the left which is good and a couple to the right that are great fishing.
    Likes love2fish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great fishing around that ramp and a good launch site for what you want!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it!! I will report back upon my (hopefully) triumphant return!!!