Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking my MOM fishing at LOZ today!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taking my MOM fishing at LOZ today!!

Well called mom up in New Haven and asked her if she would like to go fishing today and she was all in! So shes meeting me in Rolla and then we are going to McCubbins point! Hopefully I can put her on some fish. Going to fish around some docks mostly! If anyone has a suggestion. Ill be looking at the forum thru out the day to see! Thanks! Ill post pics tonight!

Post Thanks / Like

Went over the weekend. Fish were near the banks with a few on the banks. All near wood. Good luck. Thinking about taking the kids on Friday. Will be interesting to see how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Well we didnt get skunked! We had a great day actually between the few rain showers. We ended up taking 14 crappie home. I tried shooting jigs and mom tried minnows . Mom caught the first fish and then started catching them pretty regular. I was not doing so hot shooting docks with jig. We went shallower and picked up a few. Then I put on minnows as well and we went to a dock mom said lets try that one. It was the first dock in the main cove and was sitting in 16 ft of water and I thought mom they aint gonna be under that one. They should be shallower (so I thought) Went over there and caught about 6 right the with a bobber with two feet of line under the bobber. So they were right under the dock. Mom would stick her rod over the boat and let the bobber hit the side of the dock and boom it would go under. It was fun to see her get so excited about it. And I would just laugh. She missed a bunch as well her bobber would go under and she would be looking at this house or that house and I would yell MOM! She would jump and miss the fish and she would yell at me Greg you scared me to death! Then I would say YOU GOTTA WATCH YOUR BOBBER! Lovingly of course! It was a blast fishing with my mom again! And Yes she caught the first fish,the biggest and the most! But you know what I wouldnt want it any other way! And all you single guys out there...shes single and loves to fish!

PS We fished around McCubbins and we caught fish in coves from 15 feet to 3 feet deep . Alot of fish were caught next to laydowns and brush.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent!

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing better than spending time with your Mom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DADAKOTA View Post
    Nothing better than spending time with your Mom.
    You got that right!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by likinmo View Post
    It was a blast fishing with my mom again! And Yes she caught the first fish,the biggest and the most! But you know what I wouldnt want it any other way!
    This, sir, is a fine report and a helluva story. Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys caught some nice slabs. Sounds like a fun time out with your mom. Thanks for the pictures and report.

Post Thanks / Like

Heck ya great report. Now mom will expect you to put her on fish like that again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast