Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Ouachita Ak

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Ouachita Ak

Heading there soon wondering if anybody can tell me about the striper and crappie fishing there

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not from that area, but if you'll post this down on the Arkansas state forum, someone may have some current information.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

I see people post on here from Maine to Florida to Missouri I don't get it there buddy

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jiggin01 View Post
    I see people post on here from Maine to Florida to Missouri I don't get it there buddy

Indeed they do, but there are a lot more members that tend to stay on their home state forums for most of their Q&A & discussions.

Now, that's not to say that you "won't" get an answer here on the Main forum ... but, it may take a while, or may only be a infrequent visitor to that lake with limited info.

RCC was merely doing what many other members do, when similar situations occur ... direct that member to the forum where the most relevant info can be obtained (and probably at a faster pace).
    Likes RCC, wannabe fisherman, RMGeorge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Indeed they do, but there are a lot more members that tend to stay on their home state forums for most of their Q&A & discussions.

Now, that's not to say that you "won't" get an answer here on the Main forum ... but, it may take a while, or may only be a infrequent visitor to that lake with limited info.

RCC was merely doing what many other members do, when similar situations occur ... direct that member to the forum where the most relevant info can be obtained (and probably at a faster pace).
    I agree, you will be much more likely to get feed back from the Arkansas page ( AR is the correct abbreviation ) AK is Alaska I think

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say much for the striper fishing other than I know they are in there and some guys are good at catching them. All the crappie fishing I have done there has been late winter and up around Buckville. We always catch some nice ones in late January and February. I hope you enjoy you trip and catch lots of fish.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-21-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes it's hard to locate the state forums sometimes....here is a link to Arkansas

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie have been slower then normal this year caught most on bass minnows running trot lines, strippers have just started hitting like crazy on white jigs and broad minnows

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk