Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the catch is not important

Post Thanks / Like

Default the catch is not important

Went yesterday, only caught a few,lots of hits but didn't catch them. Yes , the wind blew but what a great day. Maybe its age because a few years ago it would probably have bothered me.(almost getting skunked) Now. its about the chance to go and just being out there. with just me, my boat, using the depth finder and the peace and solitude of enjoying God's blessings, If I catch them, I am going to give them away. So those things do not bother me anymore. A trip with a special friend is priceless. There is always something new to see and appreciate. If the truth were known, I enjoy the trips now more now than ever. Getting older has a way of changing our perspectives and expectations....everyone enjoy every opportunity that is provided, hope everyone has a great spring and summer......crappie1133

Post Thanks / Like

Amen I can totally understand you. As I just got back from a week long trip with my best friend. Lots of laughter very few fish. But what really counts was the time we spent.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    dave
    in currituck
    Likes chaunc, scrat, GoTennTitans LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. However I like to showboat some cause at my age I still can.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes "G", scrat, "D", Crestliner08, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I love to be on the private lakes I fish with nobody else around and watch the sun come up and nature wake up. Sometimes I get to watch a Bald Eagle fly around or an Osprey dive for fish. It doesn't matter if I catch anything or not! But catching is good :-)))))

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team
    Likes "G", cevans, scrat, "D", vic n LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah....people are in prison,hospitals,bed ridden,very sick,trapped in inner cities or third world countries,or working or living in deplorable conditions,hooked on drugs or the victims of abuse.

And I'm on the water, sun on my back,a breeze in my face,the smell of the water,nature all around.Fried chicken and potato salad , a slice of cherry pie in the cooler and a jug of tea. Tackle box with an obscene amount of tackle,more rod and reels than a person should really need. Couple of Advil in my pocket if my legs start to hurt. Batteries are charged,gas in the tank,motor running good, depth finders working,trolling motor working.

I try to remember all that if I feel the urge to complain.

I don't deserve to catch anything....but sometimes I still do...even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then ....eh??
    Likes huntinslabs, Tracker123, "G", cevans, scrat, vic n LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

For me hunting is my time to get peace and quiet. With fishing it's the puzzle that I love to figure out. Every day is different and I love trying to break it down but I don't get bummed out if I don't catch much.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Likes "G", cevans, scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie1133 View Post
    Went yesterday, only caught a few,lots of hits but didn't catch them. Yes , the wind blew but what a great day. Maybe its age because a few years ago it would probably have bothered me.(almost getting skunked) Now. its about the chance to go and just being out there. with just me, my boat, using the depth finder and the peace and solitude of enjoying God's blessings, If I catch them, I am going to give them away. So those things do not bother me anymore. A trip with a special friend is priceless. There is always something new to see and appreciate. If the truth were known, I enjoy the trips now more now than ever. Getting older has a way of changing our perspectives and expectations....everyone enjoy every opportunity that is provided, hope everyone has a great spring and summer......crappie1133
    Very nice, Thank You.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

Truer words could not of been spoken, nor could I have said it better

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Amen to all the above posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Be safe and good luck fishing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast