Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family day at LOZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Family day at LOZ.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460864644.045099.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  53.0 KB
    One pole lost to lake!
    But it was so much fun spending time with my son. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460864723.256767.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  58.6 KB
    Likes jmpilla, "D", Crappie Trooper LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice !
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Great!

Post Thanks / Like

Good for both of you spent sat. with my son.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha funny, my son lost his last weekend and he is 11!!

Post Thanks / Like

So what your saying I have years of losing fishing pole ahead! 🤔 I'm going to make Velcro lanyard. For my boy first fishing pole.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to hear the progression of skills threw your guys sons over the years?

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember fishing with my son and his first fishing rod. About the third time I had to pull line out and respool I didn't have to worry about him dropping it in the lake. I threw it in the water when he wasn't looking and got him a new rod the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.
    Likes LSL Angler, KSFisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You have a lot of good times coming up. Thanks for the photo.

Post Thanks / Like

Rods in the drink do seem to happen with little ones around. You can retrieve that rod and reel if you know where it went in and why it went in with a little time and a rod retrieving device. Get an old style metal stringer and open all the lower clips. I usually tie it to a heavy action casting rod with 25# test on the reel. You could tie it to some 1/8 inch nylon rope and work without a rod. If the rod was knocked into the water say off the dock, toss the stringer (when possible) past where the rod went in and let it sink. Slowly drag the stringer along the bottom through the entry point. Repeat in the general area and you should hook the rod, the line, or sometimes the reel. If the pole was drug in by a fish you will have to expand the search area from the point of entry in the direction the rod was heading. Throw and drag perpendicular to the line of travel. If the pole goes into the lake from a boat quickly toss a marker buoy and commence dragging. I have found over 10 rods/reels for folks over the years with this method and a couple of my own families rods/reels as well. The first "event" was while fishing with my youngsters who were 4 and 6 at the time. My Son had cast and the rod/reel flew out of his hands into the water. Of course they failed to say anything till I had moved the boat 20 feet or so off the point. Went back to the approximate area and started fan casting and hooked his line after 5 minutes or so. Really made his day. Use heavy line as the open clips may snag something, but normally they flex enough to straighten out and your search continues. From cheap spincast outfits to high dollar rods/reels this method has worked every time but one. Left a rod on the cover of a boat on a lift. We assumed that high winds during the night got under the cover and filled it like a balloon. Gone were a rod/reel and an electric knife. No idea where they went in the water. Checked in the well and around the dock but never made contact. It is possible that someone helped themselves during the night as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast