Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wappapello Report Saturday the 16th

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello Report Saturday the 16th

Stopped at a local baitshop (name of which withheld intentionally). Ordered 5 dozen minnows. Hit the water shortly after daylight and started fishing the flat in front of the big island. One good keeper right off the bat in 12 feet of water 8 feet deep on a straight minnow. Fished that spot for another half hour with very few bites. Rolled up and headed to Asher. Found fish in 7 feet or water with the side scan. Set out the poles and caught 3 more good keepers and a few dinks. Noticed I was running real low on minnows. I knew I hadn't used two and a half dozen yet but I ran out. This is the reason the baitshop name was withheld. I'll never buy minnows there again. Called three marinas. Two were completely sold out and the third had a dozen left. Put the spider rigs away and got out the jig poles. Started working buck brush in shallow water. Caught the fire out of males dressed to the 9's in their spawning tuxedos. Introduced a friend, who is new to the sport, to the art of single polling. She had a freaking blast pulling them out of the brush. Don't know for sure how many fish we caught all together but we released them to be caught another day. Fun times on the lake.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff
    Likes Crappie Trooper LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Speck !!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave
    Likes Speck LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

How many keepers u reckon yall had ?

P

Post Thanks / Like

there is nothing like putting a newer angler on fish....most of the time when they get into fish they are hooked for life...and I'm glad the best bait shop is on my way to the LOZ
    "In my father's house are many mansions..." John 14:2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
    How many keepers u reckon yall had ?

P
    Probably only 10-12 big enough to keep but a ton of short fish.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff
    Likes Pirogue LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good times being had for sure thanks for the update.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speck View Post
    Stopped at a local baitshop (name of which withheld intentionally). Ordered 5 dozen minnows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speck View Post
    Noticed I was running real low on minnows. I knew I hadn't used two and a half dozen yet but I ran out. This is the reason the baitshop name was withheld. I'll never buy minnows there again.

Soo....did they *charge* you for five dozen? And if I'm reading it right, they shorted you to the tune of 2½ dozen?

And I'm assuming, since everyone was out of minnows, there was a regional shortage and the first bait shop just didn't tell you about how they couldn't give you 5 doz?

Not sure why you wouldn't want to have that place called to the carpet.

Anyway....well done for persevering and changing your approach mid-game! Congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joedog View Post

Soo....did they *charge* you for five dozen? And if I'm reading it right, they shorted you to the tune of 2½ dozen?

And I'm assuming, since everyone was out of minnows, there was a regional shortage and the first bait shop just didn't tell you about how they couldn't give you 5 doz?

Not sure why you wouldn't want to have that place called to the carpet.

Anyway....well done for persevering and changing your approach mid-game! Congrats.

You are correct Joe. I paid for 5 dozen but, at most, they gave me about 3 dozen. That is a very generous estimate. One marina I called said they were trying to get in touch with the supplier but he was running low as well. I can understand if the supply is low, however if that is the case, they shouldn't charge for more than they sell. I guess the best bet would be to just fish artificial at Wapp from now on.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post