Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ice Fishing In Northeast Indiana

papapperch Guest

Default Ice Fishing In Northeast Indiana

Son has moved to Indiana. While visiting him I would like to try icefishing up there. I bought a sportmen connection book that helped. Are any of you avid icefishermen ? I wonder if any of you could recommend a lake or two. I am mainly interested in yellow perch. Any other general info ( bait shop location ) would be greatly appreciated. If ice ever gets back this year I sure would like to give it a go.

Post Thanks / Like

You are in luck. I ice fish that area but more importantly my brother-in-law lives in the Rome City area and ice fishes all the time. :D

You can send a message here to me if you don't want to broadcast what city and area you will be in. I'll be glad to offer some suggestions.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, let us know where you will be, I actually spend most of my time in the extreme N.E. corner, doing some of my best icefishing just across the state line into Michigan. I hope to get up there this weekend, or at least get an ice report. So far, it is not too good and a day or two more of warmth is expected. Let us know where and when you will be there and we should be able to help you out. Typically, our better perch fishing is in Feb., but they can be found most of the season.

papapperch Guest

Default Big Thanks

Hopefully in a few more days , we are supposed to get some COLD weather again. I will check back in then . I was not expecting anybody to give me their secret spots or anything. just general info like what lake has the best xxx fishing or the like. Last year Ohio ice fishing was terrible , lot of guys here went to PA to fish. Indiana seems to offer a lot more possibilities but who would know better than someone who fishes there. Thanks again for replying guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Our pleasure...that's what this is suppose to be about. :D

Let us know what part of NE Indiana as there is quite a bit of distance from where Travis is referring to and the Rome City area. And there are a bunch of places to fish in between.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi Pappaperch

Quote Originally Posted by papapperch
    Hopefully in a few more days , we are supposed to get some COLD weather again. I will check back in then . I was not expecting anybody to give me their secret spots or anything. just general info like what lake has the best xxx fishing or the like. Last year Ohio ice fishing was terrible , lot of guys here went to PA to fish. Indiana seems to offer a lot more possibilities but who would know better than someone who fishes there. Thanks again for replying guys.
    Hi Pappa, I wish I could help you and I could have about three weeks ago!! I love to ice fish the salamonie reservoir for crappie and about three weeks ago I had a really fun icefishing outing there but where I was sitting on the ice that day would now be about 45 feet over my head!!!! That makes for some really tough ice fishing. There were some limits being caught with 25 fish from 10 - 13 inches! Oh well Im sure there will be other opportunities. I have'nt ice fished up north much so I really don't have any suggestions. I would love to get into a mess of nice yellow perch and I've heard lake Wawasee is a good one for them but I don't know. I will be watching this post closely for some info too. Good luck to ya.......treepotato