Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Does berkley power bait or crave gravy work on gills and tilapia???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does berkley power bait or crave gravy work on gills and tilapia???

while looking for options on bait i got the idea to try out crave gravy crawfish which says its a saltwater scent in my local lake. i applied the gravy on a bag of shrimp i have around that doesnt smell like anything now, kind of watery. i am looking to fish for tilapia and bluegill. while looking around at kmart i saw berkley power bait for trout, as i was looking for options i pick it up too, have any of you fished with any those??? are they any good on gills or tilapia?

there was a gamefish pheromone scent, i didnt buy that one but that stuff smell like hell, and not that it smelled what was worse is that the smell would stay on our fingers for hours it even got me kind of dizzy, does fish enjoy that kind of stuff??? i mean it smells like carcass but with something very weird, anyways does it work???
    "like cattle in a field the emotionless children just froze. I must have been a site. 4 day beard no shirt covered in mud with dried blood covered leg. man"

"are you OK you look terrible. I slurred a few syllables at her and she looked aghast and shocked as I ran off down the road. To this day, I dont know what I said to her or who the hell it was. I think I spoke in tongues to her with the action afterwards, who the hell knows"

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=8839

Post Thanks / Like

well it didnt, i realize theres nothing better than worms(nightcrawlers right?)i tried everything in my arsenal, nothing, no bites, on the other hand my dad came with like 10 worms and inmediately caught a tilapia and a beatyfull bluegill. too bad they ran out of worms and had to use my bait, guess what, not a single bite with my bait.

i heard of sweet corn, some people use cheetos, crickets(hard to come by here) i cant figure anything else that is readily available

i need options please!!!
    "like cattle in a field the emotionless children just froze. I must have been a site. 4 day beard no shirt covered in mud with dried blood covered leg. man"

"are you OK you look terrible. I slurred a few syllables at her and she looked aghast and shocked as I ran off down the road. To this day, I dont know what I said to her or who the hell it was. I think I spoke in tongues to her with the action afterwards, who the hell knows"

Post Thanks / Like

Power bait "honey worms" white is the best.

Post Thanks / Like

For Tilapia, Use Dough Like You Would For Carp. Flour,corn Meal, And Vanilla Flavorin. Or Wheaties And Strawberry Jello Mix With A Little Water. They Vegetarians From What I Hear, Don't Eat Worms.

Post Thanks / Like

in the lake i fish here in PR those things would not eat anything else beside worms, it has been so hard for me to get a bait that they would eat beside worms ive been trying stuff for the last couple of weeks and havent found anything worth, now my mother and dad come with a couple worms and they start pulling gills and tilapia from the same places i was fishing. it kind of get into my nerves.

im going to buy a couple of crickets(at a petshop so they will rip me off) and mealworms to see if i can do something. ohhh i will use kernel corn too. that mix you mention sound great ill see if i get to make a little and try it out.

please any other suggestions??

lets see if i can get to post the pics of the catches we have done in the past with WORMS

other time. a close up on the fish

Last edited by prjavelin; 02-09-2007 at 11:21 PM.