Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bright screen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bright screen

Can anyone tell me if the Helix 7 has as bright of a screen as the 9. My 9 is so bright you could use it for sunshine.
    Cabelas, Crappie Magnet, Jenko Fishing, Cumberland Crappie , Slabanator Jigs, and Pure Crappie Tackle.
    Timscatchingcrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 7 and can see mine fine but I've never seen a 9 to compare it to, sorry I couldn't be more help.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

My Helix 7 is very bright. Love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.
    Cabelas, Crappie Magnet, Jenko Fishing, Cumberland Crappie , Slabanator Jigs, and Pure Crappie Tackle.
    Timscatchingcrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

All of the helix's have the same kind of screen in them even the 5's. I have the 10 and absolutely love the thing. I like that I can still see it from every angle with my polarized glasses on too!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get a 7 unless you don't want to network them together. The 7 isn't network capable. Save and get another 9DI for the bow. They are only $600 and then you can network them together and share waypoints and technology.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gabepeeps View Post
    Don't get a 7 unless you don't want to network them together. The 7 isn't network capable. Save and get another 9DI for the bow. They are only $600 and then you can network them together and share waypoints and technology.
    I wouldn't get the DI for the bow if you are going that way. You can just get the sonar/gps version then you can pull the SI and DI data off of the other one through the network. The only thing you have to remember is that the transducer those images are coming from is 12-20 ft behind you depending on the size of your boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wyo307 View Post
    I wouldn't get the DI for the bow if you are going that way. You can just get the sonar/gps version then you can pull the SI and DI data off of the other one through the network. The only thing you have to remember is that the transducer those images are coming from is 12-20 ft behind you depending on the size of your boat.
    But the DI images suck from the SI units. Dedicated DI is the way to go. Then get SI from console unit!
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Post Thanks / Like

I guess that is true. I use the SI more so it doesn't bother me that much.