Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: landing net

Post Thanks / Like

Default landing net

Looking to buy a long handled or telescopic landing net for crappie fishing.I do alot of spider rigging and long line trolling and think this would be very helpful but I can't seem to find one. Anyone have any suggestions or know of any place that sells them?

Post Thanks / Like

Grizzly Jig - www.grizzlyjig.com - has some really nice ones. I think they extend out to about 8-feet. I don't see them on their website but you can give them a call or email them.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Slabdaddy,
    If you don't find exactly what you are looking for do as I did. Go to Wal-Mart and buy the lime green nylon dip net with the aluminum handle that is about 2 feet long for about 5 bucks. An old skinny push broom handle will fit perfectly up inside of the aluminum handle. I put a small screw in to hold it.

Works great for crappie and can handle an occasional bigger fish such as a bass or catfish.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

About the same problem with me. I was trying to reach over T-bars full of driftmasters to net fish and finding it a pain. I had a crappie sized dip net with a short handle on it and a large net for cats with a long handle on it so I switched handles on them (same diameter handles). Worked out being ideal for crappie, not sure on the cats yet..
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Check with 1weezer [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Eco Nets just came out with a net made for crappie fishing this year. Check out their web site at http://www.adventureproducts.com/fishing.htm and look at the new crappie nets. Bottom of the page on the right side.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

1weezer,

That 8 1/2' tight mesh crappie net looks like the ticket to me.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I just whittled down the end of the handle so it would fit in 3/4" pvc. Stuck it in and drilled it all the way thru it for a nut and screw. mine is just 8' it was longer but that was overkill.
    Any of you have little kids? at the beach they sell these small nets with 2 1/2' wooden handles. it works great for this but if you catch a bass you have to just bet his head in there. They won't fit.
    Last edited by FalconSmitty; 02-04-2007 at 01:19 AM.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Good things come to those who bait.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

git a extendable paint roller handle and attach it to short net handle . that way you can store it in a smaller place . a pool net handle would work . i just gave one of them away
    retired and now i will always fish

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast