Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: reel id

Post Thanks / Like

Default reel id

My daughter and her boyfriend went out to yard sales Saturday. They got 22 old reels and rods for $30 from one seller.Included baitcasters(hate 'em) and open faced and closed face reels. One that caught my eye was an ultralight closed faced reel with a metal body. It seems to be a zebco model #11(red badge on the side)...anyone know what year this might have been made? It works really smoothly. .It's attached to a Falcon FS-3-16 rod which is about 6 ft long and had slanted ferrules . It's very easy to cast and has a separate lever to lock the drag. Very cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a little bit on it
    Zebco model 11 | Collectors Weekly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fastfish View Post
    My daughter and her boyfriend went out to yard sales Saturday. They got 22 old reels and rods for $30 from one seller.Included baitcasters(hate 'em) and open faced and closed face reels. One that caught my eye was an ultralight closed faced reel with a metal body. It seems to be a zebco model #11(red badge on the side)...anyone know what year this might have been made? It works really smoothly. .It's attached to a Falcon FS-3-16 rod which is about 6 ft long and had slanted ferrules . It's very easy to cast and has a separate lever to lock the drag. Very cool!

Well I checked model 11's on ebay and they seem to still make them even...not very expensive either..mine looks like it was made in the 60's...but..worth anything or not..I'm gonna use it because it works beautifully!..and a good deal at under $2!

Post Thanks / Like

That rod is a perfect panfish rod too. I just bought one yesterday and loving it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Here's a little bit on it
    Zebco model 11 | Collectors Weekly
    Mine is shorter(heigth) and more elongated than the one in the pic..and zebco is just embossed into the button on the back..has platinum looking halves front and back and the cover doesn't have threads to screw onto the front..just a tab that locks in with a twist.Loks like it would be very easy to maintain. I've already spooled new line on it..the old stuff was very easy to break!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by callmecamo View Post
    That rod is a perfect panfish rod too. I just bought one yesterday and loving it.

The rod does seem perfect for panfish..very flexible...