PDA

View Full Version : Spider Rigging for spawning slabs?

stringstalker911
04-09-2016, 10:52 PM
Ok so I am still learning some things with spider rigging. Last year was my first year doing it and I would just very slow troll (almost still) minnows with just a 1/8 ounce split shot. I have since been using 1/2 ounce capps n coleman rigs with minnow on top and jig on the bottom and moving at a bit more speed. My question is when the fish start getting real shallow, like 1-3 ft of water, do you guys still use the caps and coleman with 1/2 ounce weights or do you go back to the single hook 1/8 oz or lighter set up. What do you guys do? Thanks for the help.

Gabepeeps
04-09-2016, 11:33 PM
It depends on water clarity for me. If the water is stained or muddy, it really doesn't matter much because they will have a harder time seeing you or the boat. I will use those rigs to 4ft. Shallower than that it's one hook/jig, but probably just use a float and multiple rods.

trypman1
04-10-2016, 09:56 AM
I spider rig in 2/3' of water sometimes for spawning Crappie, works but you are limited where you can go. I keep a spinning reel with float and throw into the area I can't run my rigs into. You must be quiet and keep trolling motor off as much as possible. If real windy, just use your spinning rig.