Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider Rigging for spawning slabs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Rigging for spawning slabs?

Ok so I am still learning some things with spider rigging. Last year was my first year doing it and I would just very slow troll (almost still) minnows with just a 1/8 ounce split shot. I have since been using 1/2 ounce capps n coleman rigs with minnow on top and jig on the bottom and moving at a bit more speed. My question is when the fish start getting real shallow, like 1-3 ft of water, do you guys still use the caps and coleman with 1/2 ounce weights or do you go back to the single hook 1/8 oz or lighter set up. What do you guys do? Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on water clarity for me. If the water is stained or muddy, it really doesn't matter much because they will have a harder time seeing you or the boat. I will use those rigs to 4ft. Shallower than that it's one hook/jig, but probably just use a float and multiple rods.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Post Thanks / Like

I spider rig in 2/3' of water sometimes for spawning Crappie, works but you are limited where you can go. I keep a spinning reel with float and throw into the area I can't run my rigs into. You must be quiet and keep trolling motor off as much as possible. If real windy, just use your spinning rig.
    Likes Tom 513 LIKED above post