Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Individual rod holders.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Individual rod holders.

Getting ready to put rod holders on the new boat. Haven't had much experience with them. Like the looks of the crappie stalkers, perotti bilt, and the Capps and Coleman holders. But like I said don't have much experience with any of them. Needing some advice on the pros and cons of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on how much you are willing to spend. If you got the pockets, go with single rod holders and forget about the racks. You can skip the "which rod got bit cause they are all shaking?" part of the learning curve. I will never get rid of mine unless the improve on them. I have the driftmaster Crappie Stalkers, but the Tite loks are nice too. I think the Tite loks are easier to adjust though I haven't used them.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net
    Likes jusphil85 LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

SpyderLoks....... easy to adjust...no tools needed...will not slip....very strong......and work great
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I really have been leaning towards the crappie stalkers. How easy is adjustment on them tho. The spyderloks are awesome but 90 a piece is rough on the pocket.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The only "con" of individual holders, that I can think of, would be the number of holes you'd have to put in your boat to accommodate more than a few holders.

I have 4 base plates for my two Hi-Tek 4rod holders ... and that's 16 screw holes ... but, I could potentially have 16 rods out (if I purchased two more 4rod holders).

You might also want to keep your eye on the Personal Classifieds Forum, as I have seen several brands of rod holders for sale on there, in the past. I purchased my Hi-Teks from there.
    Likes Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gotslabs View Post
    I really have been leaning towards the crappie stalkers. How easy is adjustment on them tho. The spyderloks are awesome but 90 a piece is rough on the pocket.
    That's why I didn't get them.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Post Thanks / Like

I've got hi teks now I do like them. But I don't like taking one out to lower and raise the trolling motor.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gotslabs View Post
    I've got hi teks now I do like them. But I don't like taking one out to lower and raise the trolling motor.
    I don't "take one out" to lower/raise the trolling motor ... I placed it so that I can simply twist the T-bar around & out of the way of the trolling motor's path. That might be a less expensive, less hole making method of solving your problem
    Likes trypman1, Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Pappy is right, I do the same with my Hi Teks.

Post Thanks / Like

spider lok singles here..if it shakes, its bit.....they r good!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast